For those who actually watched the game

Advertisement
Courtel Jenkins played well. In my opinion, Wyche did nothing at all. I saw him getting "coached up" on the sideline alot after coming off of the field. We played a healthy mix and didn't do bad against the run, but when South Carolina finally got into the spread formations our defense was in trouble. If I can call out what player is going to get the ball and where he is going to catch it at, I'm pretty sure college coaches can too.

All you have to do against our hybrid defense is spread it out and find the linebacker covering the wide receiver. Give that receiver a two way option, and he will bet our linebacker almost every time. Trust me, South Carolina could have had more explosive plays in the passing game, but the quarterback had some bad throws.

After 4 years, we still can't find a nose tackle, but we still run a defense predicated around the nose tackle. SMH!

Courtel Jenkins played well. In my opinion, Wyche did nothing at all. I saw him getting "coached up" on the sideline alot after coming off of the field. We played a healthy mix and didn't do bad against the run, but when South Carolina finally got into the spread formations our defense was in trouble. If I can call out what player is going to get the ball and where he is going to catch it at, I'm pretty sure college coaches can too.

All you have to do against our hybrid defense is spread it out and find the linebacker covering the wide receiver. Give that receiver a two way option, and he will bet our linebacker almost every time. Trust me, South Carolina could have had more explosive plays in the passing game, but the quarterback had some bad throws.

After 4 years, we still can't find a nose tackle, but we still run a defense predicated around the nose tackle. SMH!

Al can't find any DT's either.

None worth a tinker's **** don't want to play this crap system.

Tired of waiting and watching our D get burned by a big play.
If it isn't a qb running free its a wr running free.
If we can't get our guys lined up properly in this scheme, or whatever it is we are trying to do, why don't we just let our guys play man to man and get after it.
The odds makers have been giving us the edge all year and I think its based on talent alone, we should be using that talent to the best of their abilities by letting them ball head to head and let the best team win.
We play good enough to show but not good enough to win and its always because of a blown assignment resulting in a big play on defense or a missed opportunity, bad pass, dropped ball, fumble or interception on offense. We have better players than our record shows and they don't get the opportunity to shine.
Tired of it.

Last edited:
Calvin Heurtelou and Courtel played pretty well. The first few drives they were getting good push and collapsing the pocket because we were sending LB and DB blitzes and they had 1 on 1 but when we played that **** zone the ball was out before they could do anything. I thought Chad Thomas played a great 1st quarter then he started playing less snaps for some reason.

This has nothing to do with DT or NT but I noticed that they found a whole in our defense every single pass play, and it was on the sideline.. they knew that someone could just sit on the side line and be open every play in the zone and thats why the ball was out before our DT or anyone could make anything happen

Advertisement
We played really good defense in the 4/3..South Carolina scored against our vaunted 3/4.. Just as everyone from SC and including the TV announcers new what our offense was going to do. Pretty **** funny when Andre Ware states "It looks like SC knows what's coming, just key in on number 8" I'm done with this program until a new coach is in the saddle, and I don't mean the=== before I get fired, coach you gotta go so I can keep my job that Al's probably handing out this coming week...

Chad made a play early and that got him benched. He shedded a block and stopped a RB on 3 and short, instead of playing patty cake with the OL and letting him get 3-4 yds and a 1st down.

Defense was actually really good for three quarters... They went 17-0 in one quarter (2nd) on us.. Brad Kaya missed a wide open Phillip Dorsett for a touchdown in the same quarter if I am not mistaken... Who knows misery messes my memory up.

I thought I saw Chad get "hurt" on a FG attempt by USC. Not sure if he played, or played much after that.

Advertisement
Perryman had the defensive play of the year. Vaulting the line and grabbing the qb from behind on a big 4th down i think. I couldnt believe what i was seeing. Safeties were hitting hard too.

Fentress was our best safety in run support. He was laying the wood. Deon Bush better learn to turn his head and locate the **** ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back