For the x and o guys

jsy

Recruit
So for guys who really understand the x and o
Is manny running a different scheme than what he was running from 17-19?

It seems like he played of a lot of tight coverage
The blitzes seemed to be timed and hidden better

Manny is basically a blitzing dno now
So is it scheme
Or were the players then just that much better?

Cuz this is in no way the same defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's more or less the same. Teams now though know the weaknesses and scheme around the open holes we leave everywhere. Watch the routes they run, they attack the areas our blitzes come from and bank on that spot being open. Teams are opting for quick hitting passing plays that have a very high success against Manny. The middle of the field is almost always open.

On the running front, we don't have the hogs to do anything but get pushed around. Our DE's are just shoved up and outside, the tackles setting up inside to move them out and up, which leaves car sized holes to run through. We don't contain anything, it's all a joke.

Advertisement
Yea it sucks manny has let the defensive talent drop to what it is now esp at lb and cb
But even still it didn’t seem like he played so much bend but don’t break zone
It seemed like his whole defensive style changed when he became hc
And at first we all blamed baker Bc it was clear the defense was called and executed different
But it’s been manny all along

The DL gets no pressure so we blitz 50% of the time and then we can't tackle so we play soft zone behind the blitz.

Rinse and repeat.

So for guys who really understand the x and o
Is manny running a different scheme than what he was running from 17-19?

It seems like he played of a lot of tight coverage
The blitzes seemed to be timed and hidden better

Manny is basically a blitzing dno now
So is it scheme
Or were the players then just that much better?

Cuz this is in no way the same defense
Diaz defense is riverboat gambler. Daddy news a new pair of shoes put it all on black!

His philosophy gets gashed with no effective backfield disruption and poor point of contact tackling.

Several of us said it would be a roller coaster from the day he was hired.

SAME EXACT DEFENSE.

LESS TALENTED PLAYERS AT EVERY SPOT.

THE REST OF THE POWER 5 IN CONFERENCE OR ANY OC WITH A BRAIN CAN FIGURATIVELY EXPLOIT IT.

THE SMALLEST ENDS...LACK OF PLAYMAKING DT'S...THE WORST LB CORE IVE EVER SEEN AT UM....AND SAFETIES THAT QUALIFY FOR EXTRA TIME WHEN TAKING A TEST...

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET.

* HOW DO YOU BET ON YOURSELF.........AND THAT TERRIBLE LB CORE?.

I should of known we were in trouble then

Advertisement
Football-trick-play-trolling_001.gif

Poor practice structure has lead to player regression across the board. Richt controlled how the team practiced before then. I can’t automatically say the talent is so much worse because without Richt keeping him in line, ALL his players got worse over time except Rousseau and Phillips. We had FREAK pass rushers in 19 and 20 and the defense still continued to regress. Would the linebackers be SOOOOO BAD if they were sharpening their skills under Richt’s system instead of Manny’s? I just don’t think so.

Add in the the fact that offensive coordinators have figured out that his lack of discipline leaves gaping holes that almost always tell you where to go with the ball for a BIG play.

SAME EXACT DEFENSE.

LESS TALENTED PLAYERS AT EVERY SPOT.

THE REST OF THE POWER 5 IN CONFERENCE OR ANY OC WITH A BRAIN CAN FIGURATIVELY EXPLOIT IT.

THE SMALLEST ENDS...LACK OF PLAYMAKING DT'S...THE WORST LB CORE IVE EVER SEEN AT UM....AND SAFETIES THAT QUALIFY FOR EXTRA TIME WHEN TAKING A TEST...

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET.

* HOW DO YOU BET ON YOURSELF.........AND THAT TERRIBLE LB CORE?.

I should of known we were in trouble then
All of this and I think it’s been exposed. He‘s always been feast or famine but no discipline / gap integrity is something that’ll eventually have bad long term results. His defenses aggressiveness is now used against him.

Advertisement
All of this and I think it’s been exposed. He‘s always been feast or famine but no discipline / gap integrity is something that’ll eventually have bad long term results. His defenses aggressiveness is now used against him.
Its BEEN exposed....mabe 3 years ago i would be in the gameday board calling plays that would work against his D..and......they still work to this day. I was complaining about his delayed blitz and soft back end 4+years ago.

Its a disjointed defensive philosophy....i was hoping he wouldve leaned on Shoop and maybe get some secondary different looks from T ROB. I knew the dline would regressed...we lost 3 drafted de's and Jon Ford or Miller have 5 more tackle sthan i do at UM. Thought we would hit the transfer portal to tighten up our LBS he rode with the bs group he had soooooo...

Advertisement
Back