For the mike leach crowd ...

Advertisement
I would imagine Golden's extension is worse for us. He had a lot more leverage on Miami and was up against a pair of idiots of epic proportions in the AD and president's post. Al's probably does not even have "just cause" provision in his. By the way, did Donna actually go to work for Clinton? I noticed her campaign has started looking like our record -- maybe Donna has struck again.

Did Coach Leach win or lose last Saturday? I'm not even sure who they played.

He got embarrassed by not just an FCS team, but a team that is considered bad among the FCS...Portland State. They were 3-9 last year and considered to be just as bad this year. But the super-coach Mike Leach lost to them.

He got embarrassed by not just an FCS team, but a team that is considered bad among the FCS...Portland State. They were 3-9 last year and considered to be just as bad this year. But the super-coach Mike Leach lost to them.

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and mozzarella sticks?

Advertisement

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and mozzarella sticks?

What are you babbling about?

3 years ago, Mike Leach had 2 offers, Tulane and Washington State. He chose Washington State because they're in the Pac 12. He probably should have taken the job at Tulane because of all the athletes in Louisiana that would absolutely kill it in his offense he could attract and then jump to a bigger program. Washington State has had 10 winning seasons in the last 30 years, and 7 of those were Mike Price and Dennis Erickson (6 for Price, and 1 for Dennis). It's very, very, very hard to win there.

3 years ago, Mike Leach had 2 offers, Tulane and Washington State. He chose Washington State because they're in the Pac 12. He probably should have taken the job at Tulane because of all the athletes in Louisiana that would absolutely kill it in his offense he could attract and then jump to a bigger program. Washington State has had 10 winning seasons in the last 30 years, and 7 of those were Mike Price and Dennis Erickson (6 for Price, and 1 for Dennis). It's very, very, very hard to win there.

It's especially hard to win there when your HC is a boob. Good HCs have had good success at WSU.

I'm not so sure the Tulane gig is better than Wazzou. Curtis Johnson is a monster recruiter who apprenticed under one of the best offensive minds in the NFL in Sean Payton, and he's getting his nuts stomped at Tulane.

With U of Miami Talent, has Fat Folden ever beat 10 win team? Pucking No!

Mike Leach did...................with Washington State talent.

Advertisement
Thanks for the new post. I was starting to think this was throwback Thursday on this message board, full of 2and3 year old post.

after reading that it makes me appreciate the choice not to pursue a career in law........

super3-300x185.jpg

It's especially hard to win there when your HC is a boob. Good HCs have had good success at WSU.

I'm not so sure the Tulane gig is better than Wazzou. Curtis Johnson is a monster recruiter who apprenticed under one of the best offensive minds in the NFL in Sean Payton, and he's getting his nuts stomped at Tulane.

CJ is a HORRIBLE head coach. He's Al Golden-esque, just not a douche. I love CJ as a person, but he is so far out of his league as a head coach, it would be funny if it wasn't sad, and sickening to me as a Tulane alum. He's Randy Shannon bad with time out usage, he's Golden bad with special teams. It's really bad, and he's not learning either. He also refuses to fire his OC, Mike Price's son, who has had offense that rank much lower than No D's defenses, and they've been there all his years at Tulane, and then the 2 years he was OC at Memphis.

Tulane is a better job, because you can win a lot easier there first in C-USA and now the AAC, than at Wazzou in the Pac 12.

Advertisement
This is exactly why Golden feels zero pressure. It doesn't matter how many loses we get.... He'll be here next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back