For all the people who say win & we're in:

jjgloster

Recruit
For all the people who say win & we're in. "If Miami beats Duke, the Canes will win the division title. If Miami loses to Duke, GT will win the division. There is one other scenario to consider, a 3-way tie between UNC, GT & Miami. In that case, Miami would most likely win the tiebreaker, which would eventually come down to the ACC’s fourth-place team’s standing in the BCS computer rankings, according to an ACC official." The fact that he said Miami would MOST LIKELY win the tiebreaker means that there is a chance that we lose the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A. Two-Team Tie

Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
Records of the tied teams within the division.
Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional). Conference record and proceeding though the division. Multiple ties within the division broken from first to last.
Overall record versus all common non-divisional opponents.
Combined record versus all non-divisional teams.
Record versus common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the end of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game.
The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)

Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
Records of the tied teams within the division.
Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last.
Overall record for non-divisional teams.
Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams.
Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional record) and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division.
The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game.
The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

the acc announced that UNC still figures into any tiebreakers. the tie can't be broken until you get to #3 (Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall conference record, & proceeding through the division) Since the top 3 are tied it comes down to the 4th place team. The only way we lose is if Virginia ends up being the #4 team. The only way they do that is if they beat VT to creat a 3 way tie for 4th. In order for them to win the tie, they need to finish ahead of Duke by 5 spots in the bcs computer rankings.

Advertisement
I'm just saying it's not as simple as win & we're in. The odds of us not winning the tiebreaker are basically zero but crazier things have happened.

the acc announced that UNC still figures into any tiebreakers. the tie can't be broken until you get to #3 (Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall conference record, & proceeding through the division) Since the top 3 are tied it comes down to the 4th place team. The only way we lose is if Virginia ends up being the #4 team. The only way they do that is if they beat VT to creat a 3 way tie for 4th. In order for them to win the tie, they need to finish ahead of Duke by 5 spots in the bcs computer rankings.

did you read the tiebreakers I posted? i dont see anything in the rules that is consistent with what you are saying

Advertisement

did you read the tiebreakers I posted? i dont see anything in the rules that is consistent with what you are saying

I know what the tiebreakers are. Like I said it comes down to the 3rd tiebreaker. What is not consistent with it coming down to the 4th place team?

Advertisement
tired of this. why is everyone doubting what is shown on every pregame show. if miami beats Duke they are in and if duke beats miami gt is in. i dvred the game so i can rewatch it and get to see the stuff u miss and a graphic on there stated that

Well, the ACC network pregame show said if Miami wins against Duke, we win the division....period.

That's because the possibility of Virginia finishing ahead of Duke in the computer rankings is **** near impossible. But these are computers we're talking about. Anything can happen.

An ACC official, "Miami would MOST LIKELY win the tiebreaker, which would eventually come down to the ACC’s fourth-place team’s standing in the BCS computer rankings."

most likely: likely but not certain to be

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back