Football Purgatory

T

TreOFive

WARNING Long cathartic post, if you dont want to read a 35 yr Miami fan rant, better keep it moving. This is not a fire Richt or throwing players under the bus post either. Rational readers only. Retards and internet gangsters be warned!!!

The FSU game was huge! I dont buy into the moral victory bullsh!t but that game is a perfect example of woulda shoulda coulda. It was also when some of our weaknesses as a football team were 1st exposed. I took that game hard but remained optimistic. Then came UNC, this is where I began to break. This is when our weakness and inability to take hold of the key moments in games was exposed even further. I found my self in such a bad mood that I elected to discontinue truly watching games for the year, I basically saw the writing on the wall.

Following the UNC loss, I have only watched sparingly. When I do watch I see us fall down running clean down the field, blow a coverage, drop wide open passes, miss wide open passes, miss a tackle, miss a cut, miss a call or fail to make an adjustment (i.e. V Tech). Then this ND game where the ball bounces left instead of right, or we are not aware of our position on the field, or we get a penalty at the absolutely worst time, fail to make a block, etc etc etc. What ever the case, we are not able to capitalize during the key moments of each game.Nothing fuggin goes our way and that fuggin irritates me given some of our players.

We clearly have talent in some areas, need it desperately in others, and need a major influx of depth in many many areas. Watching the FSWho vs Clem game I see so many players we missed on these previous years. These guys are game changers, we need a major influx of game changers. We need a major influx of toughness, speed and innovation. We live in the past while moping our way through 13 plus years of football irrelevance. We are in football purgatory!!!. Nothing has gone our way, recruiting, games, coaching, defense, special teams, coordination, leadership etc. We have not been able to dictate our opponents or season for 13 fuggin years! Fug!!!!!

As a result, here we are in 2016 with a 4-4 record. We all knew October was going to be brutal, that we were going to know what we have in terms of a team by now. Well what we have is a a block of swiss cheese. A 4-4 team with talent yet so many fuggin holes. Holes that cannot be plugged in one year.

I never drank the top 10 koolaid but dont get me wrong, I was definitely excited for this season. In fact more so than any other during the past 10 years. While the standard for MR should not and will not be lowered, I will say that the fire MR rhetoric is asinine, immature, and juvenile. If that is you then you need to look in the mirror because you set yourself up for failure. Get a therapist, a prescription and fuggin chill.

I like what I see from the admin, university, and the coaches in terms of what they are trying to implement. Lets just hope our sentence in purgatory will soon end like our probation just did. I also hope that the idiots who make up a good portion of our fan base either get hit by a bus, lose the ability to pay for intern, get help, or just leave and go root for another team.

Go Canes!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I agree all the way... U make perfect sense..... And since u make since, the weirdos will neg u

I agree there's enough blame to go around it's not just one area.Bottom line we have some talent just not enough depth at this time

The ball bounced our way plenty today. They gift wrapped 6 pts for us, muffed another pint setting up a score, etc.

Of course Richt needs time - but there are so many red flags with his archaic scheme. I hate that we are one of the few teams left that doesn't run some form a spread offense. For Richt to continue to lineup with a FB and tight OL splits and run iso plays on 1st and 2nd down is just pitiful. Not to mention if you have a crappy OL with no established run game, asking your QB to play action from under center is idiotic.

He's an ultra conservative coach who's calling plays again for first time in forever. The game, offensively, has passed him by.

Advertisement
With all due respect I disagree with parts of the original post. We have THE most clueless administration in the entire country. I challenge anyone to give me an example of a worse administration given the fact we have a built in advantage being located in THE most fertile recruiting ground in the United States. We have people assigned to be custodians of the program and to make decisions on its behalf that know nothing about football. Our last 3 hires before this one don't lie....none of the 3 are currently head coaches, which speaks volumes.

As for Richt...there is plenty of cause for concern, and I'm not just talking about the **** show that has been our last 4 games. I believe in sample size, and sample size says the man has been struggling for years against quality opponents, even when he had good talent at Georgia.

No need to even discuss the play calling.....he's the worst play caller we've had here since Pat Nix.

So yeah...it's been a depressing 10-15 years but the worst part of this story is it's all SELF INFLICTED. The disease behind all these symptoms I listed above and others mentioned in other threads is the clueless administration we have running this program. It starts at the top and the only thing that's been rolling downhill from that top is mierda.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back