Fly The ******* Banner

Advertisement
PLEASE READ:....I'll just say this...I remember years ago when UF was playing ALA and UF lost a very tough/close game to Bama..And Urban Meyer (I think it was his first year as HC at UF) went to the podium and could hardly keep his composure. In fact, as we all know, he couldn't and started crying right then and there. In a game that had very little ramifications, he started crying. And we all mocked him and even his nickname was Urban Cryer for some time.

At the time, we didn't understand what Urban was trying to tell us. We just thought he was a punk. Well, years later I understand now. Urban was actually telling us by his reaction THAT HE GAVE A ****!! It meant something to him. Every game did. He coaches and still to this day coaches like his job is on the line. Nick Saban coaches like his contract is year to year. Urban too. That guys is ****ED after every loss. Like the world is coming to an end. Needless to say, nobody calls a 3-time national title coach Urban Cryer anymore. And that is why his teams play like they do. Saban as well. Losses mean something. They mean nothing to this staff. Look no further then his press conference after the NEB loss last season.."moral victories".."great effort".."hey we were in it until the very end!".."what more could you ask for?"....Smh.

See that's what makes some posters on here so ****ed about Al's approach to these questions. Where is his passion? His sense of urgency? Where is the fear? Like many have said, couldn't he have just said, "Listen, I know we have not been playing up to standards lately. So in my mind, and I will echo the sentiments of the Athletic director, we need to set our sights on a ACC coastal title at the very least this year. That is my personal goal for the team and if we do not accomplish that, I have failed."...Is that so hard? His own boss said that he wants the ACC Coastal title this year!

All this said, Al wont be able to win the battle of "coach speak" until he gets more Ws on the board. So its no use in even listening to his interviews anymore. I know I don't.

đź‘Ź

Matt Porter [MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports 7m7 minutes ago
Al, do you think this is a "make or break" yr: "No, I don't. We've got a great staff and a team that's circled the wagons and is buying in."
Al Golden brushes off a ? asking how many wins he thinks he needs to stick around in 2016: "I'm not worried about it. That's your job."

Dude, please, what would you like him to say? Or what would you say: "Oh yeah, Matt, my dumb *** is on the line and I'll be coaching a JV team in Camden, NJ, next fall if we don't win 8 or 9 games.''

Actually id love him to say that. First it would make me have a tad bit of respect for his honestly , second it would mean he's definitely being fired

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back