Florida, Florida States and Miami recruiting

Arehel

Redshirt Freshman
Maybe a change of pace from the regular programming on this board.
This is just a thought I've been sitting on. When I look at the players were recruiting, more specifically, those that are commited or become commited it seems like UM and FSU only go after UF commits but not each others.
I haven't heard of us actively recruiting FSU commits, this year, at least, but are we ever going after UFs, also seems that way for FSU.
FSU and us recruit against each other when the players are free agents but as soon as they commit to one or the other, its gets shut down.
My big question is, is there a silent deal between Jimbo and Al to do this? If there is it sure as **** is killing the gators program and them getting recruits in Florida.
Am I the only one who's crazy and thinks this is a possibility or there's no chance?

Advertisement
They were going after Langham hard even after him being committed for a while. Kerr was being recruited by them before he let him go. Whitfield flipped I think. I recall us recruiting Denson some. They flipped Northrup the year before. So, not really. UF is just a dumpster fire right now so everyone is trying to steal from them.

No chance, obviously we are recruiting UF commits #1 b/c they landed a bunch of South FL guys that we were after from the beginning like Cook, Lane, JC, and Moten(was a UF commit), and #2 b/c UF is a disaster right now, and no one wants to be there, so we are recruiting the kids we targeted earlier that committed there to try to flip them.

None of F$U's recruits are really wavering(unlike UF), so really no reason to waste our time with their recruits.

Jimbo does not like Golden and Golden does not like Jimbo, so yes you are crazy for thinking that they made a deal to go after only UF's recruits and not each other, and BTW I believe one of our top commits flipped from F$U(Yearby), and F$U took Keith Bryant last year who was committed to us all year and flipped to them on signing day, so there goes that theory.

Advertisement
414.jpg

2013; Kermit, Keef, Kerr all flipped from us to fsu
2014; Yearby flipped from fsu to us Langham has been linked with fsu for a while, i don't believe it will happen but they'd have to be recruiting him.

as for UF they got off to a excellent start recruiting in 2014 with the likes of Lane, Cook & Jackson and now the ships going down us and fsu are circling like sharks.

Advertisement
What??? FSU was actively recruiting Darling and Chad Thomas...who both told Jimbo no, lol there is no ACC, ACC brotherly bond between FSU and Miami over recruits

Maybe, it just seems like there is some sort mutual respect between um and fsu on the recruiting trail, no bashing and so forth unlike uf seems like hunting season all the time.

I would say there are some guys who they would stop going after and there are some guys we would stop going after but they are the exception not the rule. It's just this year Florida tried to be a major play in south fl (Which they usually pick a few and leave the rest) and its backfiring with one of the worst years in recent history so not only are the coaches still looking the plays are also.

I will say they are not done if they come up short this class and players next season see automatic play time at Florida they might be hard to keep home. That why I hope we just land Dalvin, Jc, & lane this class

I think Golden kind of hinted that Muschamp does more of the dirty recruiting. Fisher probably does his fair share, but it seems like Golden respects him more from how they greet and talk about eachother.

Advertisement
You get the best players you can. Cheating, lying, stealing, and bribing have done wonders for some of the top coaches in College Football.

Don't mistake our hatred of the gator as love for the feather people. They suck too. It is just that all though the 80's and most of the 90's they choke to us so often that is was fun to play them. They are cheats, slime, and dirty recruiters, and aways have been -- it is just that the gator is in its own class with LSU. The feathers flipped Rapist away from home state team Bama; you can bet it took more that a "get out of jail free" card to do it. Al did talk some bs about not going after other schools commits his first year. Applogizing for have to do it because Randy left none. Certainly after last year he figured out he needed to wear big boy pants down South.

Advertisement
Maybe a change of pace from the regular programming on this board.
This is just a thought I've been sitting on. When I look at the players were recruiting, more specifically, those that are commited or become commited it seems like UM and FSU only go after UF commits but not each others.
I haven't heard of us actively recruiting FSU commits, this year, at least, but are we ever going after UFs, also seems that way for FSU.
FSU and us recruit against each other when the players are free agents but as soon as they commit to one or the other, its gets shut down.
My big question is, is there a silent deal between Jimbo and Al to do this? If there is it sure as **** is killing the gators program and them getting recruits in Florida.
Am I the only one who's crazy and thinks this is a possibility or there's no chance?

Short answer: no.

This is like Mich & OSU, Ala& Aub, UCLA & USC, etc. having a deal. If it doesn't make any rational sense then it probably is a flawed theory.

Why on earth would you concede studs to your biggest rival, the most notable hindrance to achieving your goals?

Jimbobo is as much an SOB as the rest of em...**** anyone on this board who says he's classy

Advertisement
Back