Florida Deaf Dragons

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Just saw this in the scorebox at the top of the page.

This is a school for deaf?

That is such a different element to football. All sign language.

So I pose the question... Is it harder for opposing teams because of this, and because they can't really talk trash to the other players do everything gets weird?

Forgive my ignorance, as this is the first I have heard about the F Def Dragons.

Advertisement
I think it would be a little hard to mentally prepare kids to play them, in all due respect. Just not knowing what to expect could more than catch them off guard.

Id look into whether or not they play in a deaf division. I dont know if its fair to non deaf kids to play against them. Im not sure how a coach should prepare his team to play against them.

I believe in equality, but i also dont think id be comfortable telling kids to light up a deaf player whos not aware of whats going on due to the fact he cant hear.

Advertisement
I think it would be a little hard to mentally prepare kids to play them, in all due respect. Just not knowing what to expect could more than catch them off guard.

Id look into whether or not they play in a deaf division. I dont know if its fair to non deaf kids to play against them. Im not sure how a coach should prepare his team to play against them.

I believe in equality, but i also dont think id be comfortable telling kids to light up a deaf player whos not aware of whats going on due to the fact he cant hear.

**** I didn't even think about that.

Advertisement
They were called The Florida Deaf & Blind School dragons when I was coming up . I'm glad the dragons can at least see now, thank you science .

Advertisement
Several of my university friends went there and my fraternity brother who graduated from FSDB, was their head coach at one time.

My friends and I went there about 23 years ago and the campus was so beautiful.

Advertisement
Back