Flash Forward & Stephen Morris Passes Vid

Morris wasn't his sharpest but Im more concerned about our WR's not getting separation against FAU's defense and the multiple drops.

There's only one way to describe Dorsetts play against FAU: Sloppy. Dude's routes were awful and he seemed to be stuck in quicksand all night long.

Advertisement
I think we see Morris tuck and run on some key 3rd downs against UF. He has decent legs and would be nice wrinkle to throw in since we never run our QB.

Also, we need to run Duke early and often. No need to try and be cute. We have to set a tone up front from the get go.

I think we see Morris tuck and run on some key 3rd downs against UF. He has decent legs and would be nice wrinkle to throw in since we never run our QB.

Also, we need to run Duke early and often. No need to try and be cute. We have to set a tone up front from the get go.

Doesn't Morris run a 4.6 in the 40?
I think our punter runs a 4.6 as well.

It looks like they were playing their safeties deep all night, anticipating the deep ball. That's why we probably couldn't get nothing deep. UF doesn't play that prevent defense so we should have more opportunities to go over the middle and deep deep. I just hope Golden has a good plan in place for Saturday and I hope he start Henderson.

I also noticed that about the safeties for FAU. Remember the teams that had the most success against us played the S deep and forced us to be more methodical. I would like to see more Deep ins, and crosses personally. I also agree that the screens should be more to Waters or Coley. I think they will be in the future. I think we were very vanilla overall on offense. I feel like we probably could have checked into better plays for our defense a few times but I think SM chose not to for the future. I am excited to see the run game on Sat. I think Duke will have a big game, and we will use him as a decoy later in the game to spring some big plays... Notice when teams play the safeties up to stop the run, we have good games passing. They will have to pick one or the other. Hopefully we recognize when they are choosing one or the other and call/audible to plays that fit the defense.
I am looking for Morris to prove he is a first rounder this game. He needs to have a good game against a good defense for me to be sold that he can be a successful pro. These are the games you need to play well in. Hopefully Coley steps up his game this weekend, we need a talent like him to break out and have a game.

Advertisement
One thing I did not like was the screens to Hurns. Great kid and a solid WR but he is not a guy you can just give him the ball and let him make a play. I think those plays should be going to Waters and Coley. Lewis when he is healthy. ****, I think Dorsett would be a better option than Hurns in these situations.

There was a 3rd and short where all Hurns had to do was dive forward and he had the first down, instead he got tackled by his ankle.

I also noticed that about the safeties for FAU. Remember the teams that had the most success against us played the S deep and forced us to be more methodical. I would like to see more Deep ins, and crosses personally. I also agree that the screens should be more to Waters or Coley. I think they will be in the future. I think we were very vanilla overall on offense. I feel like we probably could have checked into better plays for our defense a few times but I think SM chose not to for the future. I am excited to see the run game on Sat. I think Duke will have a big game, and we will use him as a decoy later in the game to spring some big plays... Notice when teams play the safeties up to stop the run, we have good games passing. They will have to pick one or the other. Hopefully we recognize when they are choosing one or the other and call/audible to plays that fit the defense.
I am looking for Morris to prove he is a first rounder this game. He needs to have a good game against a good defense for me to be sold that he can be a successful pro. These are the games you need to play well in. Hopefully Coley steps up his game this weekend, we need a talent like him to break out and have a game.

The few times we ran crossing routes the owl underneath defenders did an excellent job of rerouting the receivers with force. Dorsett was knocked into palm beach county a few times. Warford was physical getting off the line of scrimmage, though. Dude was dishing it out. I still don't think JColey trusts Warford's hands in the middle of the field. If Warford has to extend his arms to catch the ball, chances are 50/50 it becomes a tip drill for the defense.

IMO, the gator game is about turnovers and special team's play. I think our offense will navigate the gator defense for about 17-20 points. If we can get a cheap TD via special and/or defense, we win. On the flip side, however, we can't turn the ball over on our side of the field nor give up anything cheap on special teams. In addition, we stop the gator running game and force Driskell to put the ball in the air 35 times or more, I think we send the gator back to Canesville searching for answers as to how to pick up the pieces to a now crumbling season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back