FIU

Advertisement
I don't know how you can say that. We have zero healthy starting pitchers that are capable of giving 5 quality innings in a weekend start. The pitching staff is in absolute shambles. We will need to outslug everybody for the rest of the season.

The pitching staff is in "absolute shambles" and the sky is falling, because it always is on these boards.

We're 13-5 in the last month with a total of maybe 3 good starts from these two guys. They have ERAs of 4.1 and 4.5. How will we manage to replace such mediocre production?

Seeing this infield makes Zamora to the OF seem realistic. Vilar, Escala, Del have each made plays.

It’s going to happen but Villar doesn’t have the arm for SS. I’m telling you staff will find one for next year. Sore arm for Z, lol. Stop lying no one buying it.
Seriously hope the kid gets back on track. We need his bat down the stretch.

Del Castillo ACC numbers .289 4 hr 23 rbi's. The kid is going to be good but one of the best hitters in the country?

We have lots of Homers on this board. Maybe He meant to say Castillo one of the best true freshman hitters in the country.
However by the end of his career here he will be in contention for that honor.

The pitching staff is in "absolute shambles" and the sky is falling, because it always is on these boards.

We're 13-5 in the last month with a total of maybe 3 good starts from these two guys. They have ERAs of 4.1 and 4.5. How will we manage to replace such mediocre production?

By continuing to outslug everybody? I guess you missed my point.

Advertisement
There's a reason they are our #1 and #2 pitchers, they are the best we have. Losing them absolutely hurts

No one is denying that. But we have other good pitchers, our bullpen is clicking, our offense is elite, we have an easy upcoming schedule, and we're playing at home. We just plugged in our mid-week guy for our ace, and we gave up 3 runs last night.

No one is denying that. But we have other good pitchers, our bullpen is clicking, our offense is elite, we have an easy upcoming schedule, and we're playing at home. We just plugged in our mid-week guy for our ace, and we gave up 3 runs last night.

Fed is generally pretty good. Veliz is unhittable when he's on. Other than them, a lot of question marks in the pen.

McMahon was really coming on though. Had thrown 11 straight shutout innings when he got hurt.

Plus losing them means you have to take Keysor out of the bullpen and Cecconi out of midweeks, which means you have to rely more on back of the bullpen arms.

It's a huge loss if they cant return

Advertisement
McMahon was really coming on though. Had thrown 11 straight shutout innings when he got hurt.

Plus losing them means you have to take Keysor out of the bullpen and Cecconi out of midweeks, which means you have to rely more on back of the bullpen arms.

It's a huge loss if they cant return
If they can't come back, we have no shot to get out of the Regionals

Advertisement
Love my Canes , but no way is our offense elite. ACC batting avg is .257, hardly elite.

Love my Canes , but no way is our offense elite. ACC batting avg is .257, hardly elite.

Maybe not elite, but at least very good. Either way, I'll kill myself before I engage in an internet message board debate about what "elite" means.

I don't think conference statistics are the right view, since that's a minuscule sample size by baseball standards. We have the #10 overall SOS, so looking at the larger sample size of the full season is fair, and more representative.

We're 40th nationally in average, 35th in OBP, and 20th in slugging. 27th in runs per game. Do we have any reliable park effect metrics? Assuming our offensive production has neither been helped nor hurt by park effects, and taking account our very difficult schedule, that's a great offensive season so far.

Offense was an issue all weekend but hopefully Zamora returns and provides a boost.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back