First team O-line and second scrimmage notes.

Samrobinson352

Recruit
According to cane sport the first team O-line was darling gall Linder brown Isidora. And kayaa said he was only sacked once while playing with that group. Yearby and Kayaa both said Joe Brown has been looking good. Idk what's up with McDermott though. 247 said coley was the star of the scrimmage with a 50+ yard TD. Also Herb kinda took over berrios role in the slot made a lot of third down catches to move the chains. Also had a 35 yard catch. Herb said Miami will have one of the top big play offenses in the country.

Advertisement
Coley, Waters, and Scott is a **** of a trio. Berrios will get his touches. 2 more weeks!

According to cane sport the first team O-line was darling gall Linder brown Isidora. And kayaa said he was only sacked once while playing with that group. Yearby and Kayaa both said Joe Brown has been looking good. Idk what's up with McDermott though. 247 said coley was the star of the scrimmage with a 50+ yard TD. Also Herb kinda took over berrios role in the slot made a lot of third down catches to move the chains. Also had a 35 yard catch. Herb said Miami will have one of the top big play offenses in the country.

They had that the past 2-3 years. They need to make big plays in the 4th Quarter of games & on the road.

Coley, Waters, and Scott is a **** of a trio. Berrios will get his touches. 2 more weeks!

On paper, sure...but in that list, 2 of those guys have been notorious for disappearing in large chunks over the past year or 2.

If that's our best trio, it's a scary. Can't remember the last time our best trio has been so underwhelming.

On paper, sure...but in that list, 2 of those guys have been notorious for disappearing in large chunks over the past year or 2.

If that's our best trio, it's a scary. Can't remember the last time our best trio has been so underwhelming.

I disagree. Think there's plenty of talent there. Scott disappeared due to injury, Waters was in the doghouse for some unknown reason. Coley? Ok, I'll give you that last year.

Advertisement
I'll grant you coley - he has the talent but he disappeared most of last year. Waters? He's done nothing. Scott is coming off sitting a year.

It was a scrimmage and both side were coached and accessed by the same. We know we have some fast cars, but the question remains the drivers. Until we see this team against kids coached by real coaches, we need to slow our enthusiasm. We also know the lack of depth and experience on the OL would be a factor. Joe B maybe decent, but it can also be a reason for grave concern.

And we'll continue to suck if we can't make simple plays to extend drives.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, there were 6 sacks. Who were the OL, don't know...

As for McDermott, he's not 100%. I'd redshirt him, but I know that won't happen.

Advertisement
The Canes have proven to consistently produce quality offensive lines. Losing four starters is certainly a challenge for any team, but remember that our OL coach has proven that he develops his players. I'm not worried about changing players. Rather, I'm confident in this aspect of our game and track record. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back