Financial aid

BP Joe

Recruit
Per Kendall Rogers @ D1 baseball: BREAKING: The @NCAA D1 Council is expected to vote Wednesday on a measure that would allow schools to stack need-based/merit aid with athletic aid, but with only the athletic aid counting against the 11.7. This would be significant news for many college baseball programs.

I assume this is good for us as a private institution? I am not well-versed in how it works currently.

Advertisement
Per Kendall Rogers @ D1 baseball: BREAKING: The @NCAA D1 Council is expected to vote Wednesday on a measure that would allow schools to stack need-based/merit aid with athletic aid, but with only the athletic aid counting against the 11.7. This would be significant news for many college baseball programs.

I assume this is good for us as a private institution? I am not well-versed in how it works currently.

It will be fantastic for UM, especially considering how UM just recently announced that all incoming freshmen will get need-based aid sufficient to cover 100% of their tuition.

This full write-up from Rogers says we were mentioned to him as one of the two biggest winners.

Great news for college athletes as a whole and especially for our baseball program. Our recruiting has been very good under DiMare and the future looks bright too, but player retention has always been a major issue given the scholarship limit and how much UM costs. This seems like it could really help in that regard. Here's the important part of the D1 Baseball article on the rule change:

The sport took a step forward with Wednesday’s vote. Yes, private institutions will benefit more than public schools because they have more need-based/merit based programs, but public institutions and programs also will also be of benefit. Miami and Tulane are two programs that were specifically mentioned to me as huge beneficiaries from this ruling. Plus, this legislation will create more opportunities to play college baseball, which should be the primary goal of coaches and others in the industry.

All in all, it was a good day.

Great news for college athletes as a whole and especially for our baseball program. Our recruiting has been very good under DiMare and the future looks bright too, but player retention has always been a major issue given the scholarship limit and how much UM costs. This seems like it could really help in that regard. Here's the important part of the D1 Baseball article on the rule change:

The sport took a step forward with Wednesday’s vote. Yes, private institutions will benefit more than public schools because they have more need-based/merit based programs, but public institutions and programs also will also be of benefit. Miami and Tulane are two programs that were specifically mentioned to me as huge beneficiaries from this ruling. Plus, this legislation will create more opportunities to play college baseball, which should be the primary goal of coaches and others in the industry.

All in all, it was a good day.

Wonders never cease - the NCAA did something that benefits a Miami athletic program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back