Final thoughts on defense

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome
I am not being over critical but Coach D'O needs to step up. I will be fair and say that our defense would probably look better if we lined up with

Chick
Porter
Fortson
Vernon
Buchanan
Ray Armstrong.

With that said, Coach D needs to man up. Yes we are young and inexperienced. We are not dead last in the NCAA in defense because of talent. UM is dead last because we choose to be by the scheme we play. We are not dominate up front but so are a lot of teams in the NCAA. Very few teams have NFL caliber DT's.

Currently our philosophy has been to keep everything in front of us and stay basic. I feel like our players are athletic enough to mix it up and create opportunities.

Bush
Mcgee
Perryman
E Johnson
Finnie
Telemaque
Howard
G Paul

can play man to man on situational downs. So we have the luxury to play aggressive but we don't.

If you have not noticed teams run about 5 basic plays against us. The do it over and over again. With the defensive line struggling I am not sure why coach D'O is
content with allowing teams to grind the game away.

With a young defense UM should be around 50ish and not 113:ohlord: Watching the film we really did not give our self a chance on defense. It was that bad. If people request I will post a break down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not being over critical but Coach D'O needs to step up. I will be fair and say that our defense would probably look better if we lined up with

Chick
Porter
Fortson
Vernon
Buchanan
Ray Armstrong.

With that said, Coach D needs to man up. Yes we are young and inexperienced. We are not dead last in the NCAA in defense because of talent. UM is dead last because we choose to be by the scheme we play. We are dominate up front but so are a lot of teams in the NCAA. Very few teams have NFL caliber DT's.

Currently our philosophy has been to keep everything in front of us and stay basic. I feel like our players are athletic enough to mix it up and create opportunities.

Bush
Mcgee
Perryman
E Johnson
Finnie
Telemaque
Howard
G Paul

can play man to man on situational downs. So we have the luxury to play aggressive but we don't.

If you have not noticed teams run about 5 basic plays against us. The do it over and over again. With the defensive line struggling I am not sure why coach D'O is

With a young defense UM should be around 50ish and not 113:ohlord: Watching the film we really did not give our self a chance on defense. It was that bad. If people request I will post a break down.

Either way we are probably going to give up points, but I hate this slow death ****. It is so frustrating!!!

Also, every game we play the offense breaks some kind of record!

I refuse to believe the guys that are being sent out there are this bad!

When teams can just line up and blow you off the ball there isn't anything you can do defensively. I guess we can put 9-10 in the box then you just get lit up in the air. We can't take anything away from anybody. Its just pick the method you choose to die by. All that said though Coach D has to go. You can't be the worst defense in CFB and keep your job no matter what the reason.

Advertisement
it all starts up front and miami has no dline .. no dts that can clog up the middle or push up field consistently , no des that can rush the qb consistently .. chicks is above average.. the rest of the guys are JAG or should be red-shirted.. you're relying on young lb and db units to make plays.. were gonna be bad all year and you to accept it .. i was more upset about the offense, both players and oc sucked ***

Chick
Porter
Fortson
Vernon
Buchanan
Ray Armstrong.

With that said, Coach D needs to man up. Yes we are young and inexperienced. We are not dead last in the NCAA in defense because of talent. UM is dead last because we choose to be by the scheme we play. We are not dominate up front but so are a lot of teams in the NCAA. Very few teams have NFL caliber DT's.

Bush
Mcgee
Perryman
E Johnson
Finnie
Telemaque
Howard
G Paul

Enlighten us cause cot **** I need to understand this ****

When teams can just line up and blow you off the ball there isn't anything you can do defensively. I guess we can put 9-10 in the box then you just get lit up in the air. We can't take anything away from anybody. Its just pick the method you choose to die by. All that said though Coach D has to go. You can't be the worst defense in CFB and keep your job no matter what the reason.

You are not entirely wrong but this is not completely true. Not every team has a dominate defensive line or tackles/ends. Mixing it up by bringing pressure is something that would give UM better results.

Advertisement

You are not entirely wrong but this is not completely true. Not every team has a dominate defensive line or tackles/ends. Mixing it up by bringing pressure is something that would give UM better results.

I would take a mediocre Dline at this point forget about dominating. We are far from average up front.

We saw this coming as early as Maryland last year.

This is just the most nefarious manifestation of a cowardly defensive philosophy.

Sucks.

Advertisement
Back