Comments (75)

They were on point. Didn't even realize at first he was in there.
I know it’s the flavor of the month to hate the kid, but if you are being honest with yourself, SJ was very solid at center.
 
I rewatched the first half last night and made a point to pay attention to the line and Congdon was by far the biggest difference maker in the interior. There was a play in the second quarter where he blocked two dudes at once and cleared the way for a nice gain. It was more a case of a CMU defender being out of position and getting bowled over by a teammate that was being blocked but it was still impressive.
 
We have out OL me thinks
Samson
Congdon
Ryan
Max
McCoy

I’m not so sure max has locked in RG. I want to see merriweather keep rotating when possible to either push Max or take his spot. Max hasn’t been good enough to say that spot is his.

It does appear Cantwell is Tackle 3 now which is where he should’ve stayed all along. He isn’t a guard. Let the kid keep learning and get spot duty when possible.
 
I rewatched the first half last night and made a point to pay attention to the line and Congdon was by far the biggest difference maker in the interior. There was a play in the second quarter where he blocked two dudes at once and cleared the way for a nice gain. It was more a case of a CMU defender being out of position and getting bowled over by a teammate that was being blocked but it was still impressive.
I’ve rewatched as well. He wasn’t overly tested but when he was in the game improvement was noticeable. I believe we have found our starter at LG.
 
I’m not so sure max has locked in RG. I want to see merriweather keep rotating when possible to either push Max or take his spot. Max hasn’t been good enough to say that spot is his.

It does appear Cantwell is Tackle 3 now which is where he should’ve stayed all along. He isn’t a guard. Let the kid keep learning and get spot duty when possible.
Merriweather can play he moves people and doesn’t look lost in space when pulling.
 
Not only SJ, but Mccoy is getting worked at RT. We need Cantwell to take that spot asap, and let Mccoy go back to guard. That lineup needs to start getting chemistry together yesterday, as it is by far the best for a playoff run. I hope we see it soon.


LT - Samson
LG - Congdon
C - Rodriguez
RG - Mccoy
RT - Cantwell

From everything I have read Cantwell has been playing LT.

@DMoney has Cantwell ever gotten many reps at RT in practice?

I agree if Cantwell could play RT and you slide McCoy to guard it’s your biggest lineup but not sure Cantwell is ready for the bright lights .
 
I’m not so sure max has locked in RG. I want to see merriweather keep rotating when possible to either push Max or take his spot. Max hasn’t been good enough to say that spot is his.

It does appear Cantwell is Tackle 3 now which is where he should’ve stayed all along. He isn’t a guard. Let the kid keep learning and get spot duty when possible.
I thought Meriweather outplayed Max but we need both to be consistent contributors for this season. We will need them both at some point.
 
We have out OL me thinks
Samson
Congdon
Ryan
Max
McCoy

I’m not so sure max has locked in RG. I want to see merriweather keep rotating when possible to either push Max or take his spot. Max hasn’t been good enough to say that spot is his.

It does appear Cantwell is Tackle 3 now which is where he should’ve stayed all along. He isn’t a guard. Let the kid keep learning and get spot duty when possible.
I'm fine with this. Y'all need to be clear here tho, Congdon and Max are going to whiff. Unfortunately for Max, he's kind of being punished for how bad SJ has been. Trust me I have watched every single game multiple times focusing on the G and C play. Max has been consistently the best G and better than Ryan at times. He's better in the run game vs pass pro.
 
This is what I believe is the best offensive line combination

Starters
LT Samson Okunlola 6-6 330
LG Ben Congdon 6-8 330
C Ryan Rodriguez 6-2 300
RG Jamal Meriweather 6-7 305 or Max Buchanan 6-4 310
RT Matthew McCoy 6-6 325

Reserves
T Jackson Cantwell 6-8 330
C Seuseu Alofaituli 6-2 290 or Rhys Woodrow 6-4 315
 
I have no idea what you guys are talking about with Max. He had the highest PFF score of any of our OL and palyed an excellent game. He missed 1 LB at the 2nd level on a Lyle pass. That's it folks. Max can play. Put some respect on his name
 
This is what I believe is the best offensive line combination

Starters
LT Samson Okunlola 6-6 330
LG Ben Congdon 6-8 330
C Ryan Rodriguez 6-2 300
RG Jamal Meriweather 6-7 305 or Max Buchanan 6-4 310
RT Matthew McCoy 6-6 325

Reserves
T Jackson Cantwell 6-8 330
C Seuseu Alofaituli 6-2 290 or Rhys Woodrow 6-4 315
we need two more to grow-up on that reserve list fast. We can not afford any injuries!
 
Back
Top