Few 247 Updates

B]Jacques Patrick[/B]

-Patrick (6-2, 220) is a four star running back that ranks as the No. 4 player at his position in the country by 247Sports.

-Miami coach Al Golden and running backs coach Hurlie Brown make sure to contact Patrick every day through social media.

-Says “I talk to coach Golden every day and coach Hurlie every day,” “They tell me they want me bad because Duke Johnson will probably be leaving soon. They have Joseph Yearby and Duke, but then after that it is kind of open.”

-Says “Coach Golden messages me in the morning every day on Twitter. It means a lot that he does that. He knows everything that is going on with me and always wishes me luck with whatever I am doing. That is nice.”

-admits the Miami running back depth chart is appealing for a recruit in the 2015 class.

-Says “I look at Miami and their depth chart really intrigues me,” “Duke is going to leave after this year most likely and then it will be Joe. I feel like if I were to choose Miami I could go in there and compete for playing time right away.”

-plans to visit Miami at some point while the Hurricanes are going through spring practices. The last time Patrick was on the UM campus was during the summer.

-Says “Everything is nice down there,” “They have nice facilities and it is a private university, so you know the education is going to be great. They just built some new facilities too, so they have some nice things going on. Coach Golden sent me pictures about some new jerseys they are getting this year too.”

-plans to attend Florida State’s junior day this weekend. He also plans to visit Auburn for their spring game and see Alabama during that trip.

-This offseason Patrick is looking to improve his game by playing in multiple 7-on-7 tournaments.

-Says “This offseason I am doing a lot of 7-on-7 stuff this offseason, so that is about catching the ball well and being quick in space,” “I am working on my acceleration and speed. When we put pads on, I want to work on my pass blocking because that will be important for college.”

As a junior Patrick rushed for 2,153 yards and 30 touchdowns

Joe Brown

The University of Miami has added another commitment to the 2014 class.

The Los Angeles Times reports Paramount (CA) High School defensive tackle Joe Brown has given his pledge to the Hurricanes.

Brown (6-5, 340) made his decision after signing day because he was working to earn an SAT score that would qualify him to enroll at a four year university. Once he received a suitable SAT score, colleges were put on notice and his recruitment took off.

-The Hurricanes became involved last week and Brown visited UM over this past weekend and decided to sign with Miami.

- is a two-time defensive player of the year in the San Gabriel Valley League.

-helps add depth to a big position of need for the Hurricanes in the 2014 class. He joins JUCO additions Calvin Heurtelou and Michael Wyche as well as Anthony Moten and Courtel Jenkins.

-UTEP also showed Brown significant interest.

Jovon Durante

2015 Northwestern wide receiver Jovon Durante is committed to West Virginia, but he maintains he is still pretty open with his recruiting process.

Durante committed to West Virginia last summer.

-Says “I am still committed, but I am looking around,” “I want to make sure I make the best decision for me.”

-Durante discussed what he likes most about West Virginia.

-Says “West Virginia puts receivers in the league,” “I watched Steadman Bailey play at Miramar High School and he made it out of West Virginia and is in the NFL now. They have been the school that I have liked since I was a kid.”

-Auburn is the number two school Durante has in his top three. Durante watched Auburn top Alabama at the end of the 2013 season.

-Says “I went up there and I experienced the game against Alabama,” “It is a college town and I really like their offense. Their head coach is a cool dude and I wouldn’t mind playing at a place like Auburn.”

-Miami is third on Durante’s list. He visited UM’s first junior day in January and enjoyed spending time with the UM coaching staff.

-Says “The Miami coaches said they would move me around on the inside and as an outside receiver. I can go up for the ball and I am quick, so I can be used anywhere. I liked hearing that.”

-Durante views Miami’s depth chart as a favorable situation for a receiver in the 2015 class to play right away.

-“I feel like the depth chart will be good to play right away at Miami,” “That has my attention.”

-Miami has also made Durante’s teammates on the Florida Fire 7-on-7 Team, Calvin Ridley and Shawn Burgess-Becker a high priority.

-Says “They were trying to tell me, Calvin Ridley, and Shawn Burgess-Becker about their offense and how it is,” “They were telling us that we are three of the top playmakers they want and how we can come in and make an impact.”

-Durante admits the trio discusses playing together on the next level.

-Says “We always talk about it,” “They want me to come play at their high school, but we talk about going to the same school and doing our thing. I feel like we are the top three receivers in the area. We feed off each other. Nobody can stick us and we play like nobody can stick us. Shawn is the big muscle receiver that can go up and get it. Calvin is a guy that can catch the ball and get big yards after the catch. I am just the quick stick. I can catch the ball and make things happen.”

Advertisement
“I watched Steadman Bailey play at Miramar High School and he made it out of West Virginia and is in the NFL now. They have been the school that I have liked since I was a kid.”

2 things...First, I had no idea Stedman Bailey made it in the NFL. Second, who the **** grows up rooting for WVU?

“I watched Steadman Bailey play at Miramar High School and he made it out of West Virginia and is in the NFL now. They have been the school that I have liked since I was a kid.”

2 things...First, I had no idea Stedman Bailey made it in the NFL. Second, who the **** grows up rooting for WVU?

bandwagon fans

Advertisement

bandwagon fans

Doesn't a school typically have to be good at something in order to acquire bandwagon fans?

Yup same team as teammate Tavon Austin got drafted in the 3rd

Baily saw his playing time increase near end of season. Rams are confident he will take the next step. He could find himself as the third receiver next season.

Advertisement
Can anyone imagine Jim Brown, Larry Czonka, etc. giving a half **** about what other RB is on the roster?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back