FCS Spring Football

Naw not really. Outside of the Texas schools, they are traveling to Bama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Where as in the MEAC they have to travel to the Carolinas and the DMV.
The same reason we should move to the AAC with a few other big city teams, create a Power 6 and gtfo the Kakalakas (Carolinas).

Advertisement
I’ve broke this down thoroughly.

He had great size, speed, ran track, put up great numbers, tested well at all the national camps.....his potential & production was A+....but, his comp was suspect & he played in a simplified offense.

There’s a lot that goes into rankings, but it’s not an exact science. With that being said, the recruiting sites’ hit on blue chips is a lot more successful than not. That’s why u have to continue to recruit, heavy. Some blue chips are overrated, and even if u do hit, impatience can cause attrition both physically &/or mentally.
I hear ya but ... isn't the definition of a "five star" a player that can't miss, and will make an immediate positive impact from day one. A five star who can't even get on the field is a whole other thing! That's not just being "overrated."

Maybe they should just eliminate the fifth star and lump them in with the four stars.

I hear ya but ... isn't the definition of a "five star" a player that can't miss, and will make an immediate positive impact from day one. A five star who can't even get on the field is a whole other thing! That's not just being "overrated."

Maybe they should just eliminate the fifth star and lump them in with the four stars.

I think that’s more media talk; no different than NFL scouts over saturating that same term before their mock drafts (although, over the yrs, that terminology has scaled).

I don’t think any prospect is a can’t miss. An injury, personal circumstances, etc. can diminish potential. But let’s be honest, 5 stars have a higher success rate in college & getting drafted than any other status rating.

Here’s a pretty good article from about 1 & some change ago on 5 stars.

Advertisement
A season or two until he gets hired by a G5 school.
You think he really wants to coach G5? I see him at JSU for 2-3 more years then go back to his business ventures. For some reason I think he’s giving back. I view Prime as the football version of Magic Johnson. Remember they said Magic was rarely around the Lakers in 2018? They said he was still engaged in his business dealings to the point that he was potentially losing money working for LA. I see Coach Prime the same way. I also think that if he wanted a g5 gig he would have been offered. I mean remember FIU hiring Mario without any experience and hiring Zeke Thomas after his NY debacle.

You think he really wants to coach G5? I see him at JSU for 2-3 more years then go back to his business ventures. For some reason I think he’s giving back. I view Prime as the football version of Magic Johnson. Remember they said Magic was rarely around the Lakers in 2018? They said he was still engaged in his business dealings to the point that he was potentially losing money working for LA. I see Coach Prime the same way. I also think that if he wanted a g5 gig he would have been offered. I mean remember FIU hiring Mario without any experience and hiring Zeke Thomas after his NY debacle.
What?! That is completely false lol - he coached Rutgers and Miami's OL/TE where Deion had no prior college coaching experience.

Advertisement
What?! That is completely false lol - he coached Rutgers and Miami's OL/TE where Deion had no prior college coaching experience.
I misquoted this. I was referring to play calling. I never heard of an OL Coach becoming a HC for a fbs program without any coordinator/play calling experience. That’s a wild ascension.

Advertisement
Back