FAU will be another srimmage

There are no scrimmages in the regular season.

Win every snap of every play or risk losing.

Sounds good in theory. In reality yesterday and next week are scrimmages. The primary goal is to not get injuries.

You clearly never played football.

The primary goal is always to win the game. Worrying about injuries is for little *****es and makes your team soft.

You have theory and reality backwards

Advertisement
You only have 12 regular season games. It shoudn't be that hard to focus on each one as they are scheduled.

...The primary goal is to not get injuries.

Brother TC...respectfully disagree...

Unless any regular season game is categorized as "doesnt matter W/L", every snap of every game counts in order to posture the team for a victory.

Miss St thought S Alabama was a scrimmage...Tenn thought App St was a scrimmage...UF thought UMass was a scrimage...Ark thought LA Tech was a scrimmage...VT thought Liberty was a scrimmage...

Mich thought App St was a scrimmage and went down as one of the most laughable losses in NCAA history...

The Hurricanes standard is excellence.

The only fair comparison in the above from this past week is UMass. S Alabama, App State, La Tech are all mediocre to decent 1A programs...comparable to us playing Arky State last year. Those aren't scrimmages.

2007 App State/Michigan was maybe the biggest upset in NCAAF history...and App State was the #1 1AA team in the nation that year.

FAMU is a horrible 1-AA program. FAU is among the worst 1A programs. If our starters play 4 quarters next week, something went horribly wrong.

Advertisement
The primary goal should be for units to gel. Especially OL and the LB-Safety groups.

The problem is that they won't be sufficiently tested by FAMU and FAU. I didn't learn anything about the team yesterday that I didn't already know. Very strong front 4 on defense. Ridiculously young LBs who will make mistakes against good teams (because that's what happens to freshmen LBs...regardless of talent level), and questionable secondary. On offense, excellent QB and skill position guys and questionable, thin OLine.

App State could be a big trap game coming after two blowout wins. They are not a cupcake.

There are no scrimmages in the regular season.

Win every snap of every play or risk losing.

Sounds good in theory. In reality yesterday and next week are scrimmages. The primary goal is to not get injuries.

You clearly never played football.

The primary goal is always to win the game. Worrying about injuries is for little *****es and makes your team soft.

You have theory and reality backwards

See Stephen Morris 2013 vs. Savannah State.

They're a **** trough. We should beat them by 50. Total scrimmage.

I love opening with cupcake city given Rick's penchant for suspending guys and the little nicks that will heal up by the time the season starts in October.

Advertisement
the goal should be a shut out. give the youngsters some real confidence.

I know there's no such thing as the transitive law in football, but ...

FAU would probably beat FAMU by at least 3-4 TD's. FAMU is really really really gawd-awful bad

So, yea, we could lay another 70 pts on FAU, but in reality they're a way more legit team than FAMU

So, I'll say we hang like 40-50 on them and win comfortably by around 4 TD's -- it's not going to be a 70-3 deal

This will be the theme through the first five games. App St will be much better than FAU, add to that being away from home for the first time and playing at 4K Ft.

GT will be tougher than App St, away from home against a team that looks improved from last year.

Then culminating with the toughest game of the year vs FSU

At least we won't have another episode like this again...
[video=youtube;JJsovTbVb5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJsovTbVb5g[/video]

This next win will be more impressive overall then even this week. 70-3? Nah, but look for us to be more efficient on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
They're a **** trough. We should beat them by 50. Total scrimmage.

I love opening with cupcake city given Rick's penchant for suspending guys and the little nicks that will heal up by the time the season starts in October.

In a year where so many freshman are expected to play major minutes and units like the Oline need to jell, I have no problems with this years exhibition schedule to begin the year

Advertisement
Back