Official Fall PractiSe #5: Wednesday August 10th

1660177807464.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Supposedly something minor that happened early spring. They didn't talk about the situation tonight, just mentioned he might miss the first 2 games.

I swear someone also mentioned it on this board awhile back but I could be wrong. But yeah, it's minor if anything and could just be speculation.

Supposedly something minor that happened early spring. They didn't talk about the situation tonight, just mentioned he might miss the first 2 games.

I swear someone also mentioned it on this board awhile back but I could be wrong. But yeah, it's minor if anything and could just be speculation.
Mario stealing pages out of the Ole SEC playbook. 2 games huh. Brilliant.

Advertisement
From someone on the Caneville TwiiterSpace tonight and who was at practice today: both #15s (Avante and Jacolby) look great today.
I'm a believer in Jacolby, I think he's probably the most athletically gifted WR we have. I don't think people realize he was one of the better punt returners in the country last year... he was tied for 10th in the FBS in punt return average (10.9)... he was 6th in the P5. he had as many punt returns go 20+ yards and 30+ yards as Josh Downs (Downs averaged 9.8 per return). if you look at them as receivers, Downs went from 7-119-3 in his first year to 101-1,335-8 last year. Jacolby was 7-183-1 last year... 26.1 YPC. obviously, I would take the under on all those numbers for Jacolby this year (he won't be playing in UNC's offense). but if I had to bet on anyone in the WR group exploding it would be him.

I'm a believer in Jacolby, I think he's probably the most athletically gifted WR we have. I don't think people realize he was one of the better punt returners in the country last year... he was tied for 10th in the FBS in punt return average (10.9)... he was 6th in the P5. he had as many punt returns go 20+ yards and 30+ yards as Josh Downs (Downs averaged 9.8 per return). if you look at them as receivers, Downs went from 7-119-3 in his first year to 101-1,335-8 last year. Jacolby was 7-183-1 last year... 26.1 YPC. obviously, I would take the under on all those numbers for Jacolby this year (he won't be playing in UNC's offense). but if I had to bet on anyone in the WR group exploding it would be him.
That's good info there!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back