Fall Camp Preview: LB/Striker

View as article
I think the Diaz defense kinda hangs the LBs out to dry,

I disagree. I think the lack of speed made it look much worse than it is. Shaq or Pinckney needed to execute and diagnose plays almost perfectly because if they took a false step, they didn't have the ability to couldn't make up for it. For the much faster players, there is a greater margin for error.

Advertisement
I disagree. I think the lack of speed made it look much worse than it is. Shaq or Pinckney needed to execute and diagnose plays almost perfectly because if they took a false step, they didn't have the ability to couldn't make up for it. For the much faster players, there is a greater margin for error.
Every time McIntoish or Willis shot a gap and didn’t make the play in the backfield, Shaq had a big OG coming untouched straight at him. He got washed out all the time.

Obviously that happens to an extent with every defense, but Manny’s DL is way more aggressive than most. It’s a double edged sword: that’s why we are getting all these DLine recruits, but it leaves the LBs exposed.

The new LBs are more athletic and that’ll help combat spread offenses, but I’m skeptical that these LBs we have will hold up against the run. We lack depth and versatility at the position.

Every time McIntoish or Willis shot a gap and didn’t make the play in the backfield, Shaq had a big OG coming untouched straight at him. He got washed out all the time.

Obviously that happens to an extent with every defense, but Manny’s DL is way more aggressive than most. It’s a double edged sword: that’s why we are getting all these DLine recruits, but it leaves the LBs exposed.

The new LBs are more athletic and that’ll help combat spread offenses, but I’m skeptical that these LBs we have will hold up against the run. We lack depth and versatility at the position.

Get a big lead so teams have to pass and make the run game a non factor. Offense-defense synergy

one thing to consider. in this defense, 50% of the snaps will likely be with only two LB's on the field.

Advertisement
Back