Fall Ball?

Advertisement
Unless something has changed as a result of the Irma shuffle of the university calendar, fall practice begins October 18th.

Advertisement
Since we're near the end of Fall Ball, here's my latest guess at the lineup

C Amditis (really nobody else at this position who's ready to play)
1B Toral
2B Romy
SS Escala (we'll see what Zamora can do in the spring, but Escala played well enough this fall to start)
3B Gil
RF Reyes
CF Burns
LF Cloonan (this position is entirely up for grabs. Could see any one of Cloonan, Tackett, Jenkins, Rivera, Allen starting here)
DH Allen (Cloonan if not in LF)

Allen and Cloonan were the two surprise newcomers for me in the fall. Both looked really good at the plate.

Weekend Rotation: Bargfeldt, Veliz, McKendry
Midweek: McMahon
Bullpen (7,8,9): Mediavilla, Hammond, Cabezas

Our pitching situation really falls into the category of an embarrassment of riches right now. Can make a case for any one of Cabezas (guessing 3 leaves him at closer), Bargfeldt, Veliz, McKendry, Mediavilla (really bounced back this fall), and McMahon to be in the weekend rotation. Bartow was pretty up and down so I'd be surprised if he got the closer role back. Between him, Cabezas, Hammond, Maury, whoever doesn't start, and Epstein we have a lot of arms in the bullpen. Epstein seems much more comfortable/effective in year 2 after JD switched him to side arm.

Advertisement
Back