F*ck the **** game.....

GonzoCane

All-ACC
They better have the f*cking halftime show on....
My kids in the Band of the Hour!

Any BOH alum/fam on the board. So far he’s enjoying it. But we’ll see if he can actually march and play an instrument at the same time. You know that thing they say about Freshmans.

Seriously, do they even show the bands anymore? From talking to Mike, I’ve gotten an appreciation of the work these kids put in to practicing since he’s been in the band. I think I’d rather watch that than 4 guys sitting around a table telling me that LSU needs to run the ball more in the second half.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Since it is a Sunday with not much else going on there is a chance they may show the bands at Halftime. But don't count on it being much more than a minute or two.

Any BOH alum/fam on the board. So far he’s enjoying it. But we’ll see if he can actually march and play an instrument at the same time. You know that thing they say about Freshmans.

Seriously, do they even show the bands anymore? From talking to Mike, I’ve gotten an appreciation of the work these kids put in to practicing since he’s been in the band. I think I’d rather watch that than 4 guys sitting around a table telling me that LSU needs to run the ball more in the second half.

Go Canes!

Only time I recall seeing them anymore is during bowl games. Its a shame because some of the performances they do are pretty legit.

Since it is a Sunday with not much else going on there is a chance they may show the bands at Halftime. But don't count on it being much more than a minute or two.
Thinking the same thing. They may give the bands a minute.

Now if you really need to see a band ....you have to go to a parade.

For years now I haven't seen a band on TV....except maybe bowl games and even then it's only briefly

Advertisement
Now if you really need to see a band ....you have to go to a parade.

For years now I haven't seen a band on TV....except maybe bowl games and even then it's only briefly

I went to the Iggles “parade” after the Super Bowl and they didn’t even have a band in that, just buses with players on them. It’s Mummers or bust, I guess.

I went to the Iggles “parade” after the Super Bowl and they didn’t even have a band in that, just buses with players on them. It’s Mummers or bust, I guess.

YEP that's how we roll up here.

Fact is, there are really NO good college marching bands in this area.( At least none I recall ever seeing)......We'd have to import them....and Philly is cheap

Go Canes!

It's your kid, you are all over this, congrats.

Advertisement
They really do spend a ton of time preparing in thr heat for what they do. Definitely more time out there in the heat than the athletes do and the bonus, they get to go to a lot of the away games for free.

Hopefully they play White Rabbit and Sebastian empties a fire extinguisher when it peaks.

They really do spend a ton of time preparing in thr heat for what they do. Definitely more time out there in the heat than the athletes do and the bonus, they get to go to a lot of the away games for free.

One of the first days of practice, we left him off, and we went to
AllCanes for some swag. We get in there and the sky opens up in typical South Florida fashion- you couldn’t see US 1 from inside the store it was pouring. He said they were out in it and kept practicing. No lightening, so play on.
I’ll say one thing, being in the band and meeting some of those kids has made the transition to college much easier for him. When he’s not in class or a lab, he’s hanging out at the Frost School jamming with some of his band friends. I gave him **** because he’s a prog rock and metal guy and he’s playing Michael Jackson stuff in the marching band. Who knew?

Advertisement
I know a couple band members (from FAMU Marching 100) that was in practice until 3am more than just a few occasions

Advertisement
I'd much rather see the band at half time then all those talking heads! I, for one, miss seeing the bands at the half.

If we are up 24-7, I will enjoy the band.

If we are knotted at up 14, there is a 73% chance I will be cussing your kid to get the **** off the field. ;)

Advertisement
Back