Ezzard enters NCAA Transfer Portal, will leave UM

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Miami redshirt freshman WR Marquez Ezzard has entered his name into the NCAA's transfer portal and is now free to be contacted by other programs, multiple sources tell CIS.

New NCAA transfer rules now make it possible for student-athletes to transfer from an institution without having to seek permission first. Under the new system, which became official in October 2018, student-athletes are allowed to enter their names into the NCAA transfer portal and begin receiving contact from other schools. It’s important to note that a player can remove his name at any time and entering the portal does not obligate the player to transfer. Once a student-athlete informs a school of his or her decision to enter the portal, the school has two business days to place the player's name into the database.

Ezzard, a 6-foot-2, 210-pounder from Stockbridge, Georgia, appeared as a reserve receiver in three games during the 2018 season, recording 2 catches for 24 yards before taking a redshirt for the Canes.

UPDATE: Although entering the portal itself does not guarantee a transfer, Ezzard has in fact decided to leave Miami, UM announced Wednesday morning.

“Marquez and I talked, and we decided that it was in his best interests to pursue opportunities at another school,” head coach Manny Diaz said. “We wish him all the best in his future plans.”

Advertisement
73828B30-9CBB-4CFD-92D8-5A065320F4A6.gif

Advertisement
I wish him all the best but won’t lose any sleep. #NextManUp We have plenty of talent and bodies at WR. We need and should only roll with people that WANT to be here. I’m excited to see JT4, Pope, and Payton among others

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can’t blame him. He wasn’t going to get that much burn this year from what it looks like. Wish he would stay though.

Advertisement
Wishing him all the best if he decides to move on.. We're stacked at WR and it's going to open alot of solid competition in the Spring. It's not for everyone.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back