Ex-Clemson commit Daylen Everrette...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy Top247 cornerback Daylen Everette backed off a verbal commitment to Clemson on Friday. Everette claims that he's still trying to figure out what's next, but he did tell 247Sports that he has spoken with a few different schools ever since word leaked that he was opening his recruitment back up.

"I'm trying to get everything worked out," Everette told 247Sports when reached by phone. "Georgia, Florida, Miami and USC have all hit me up."

Everette originally committed to the Tigers back in July live on CBSSports HQ. One of the main reasons why he decided to explore his options is because defensive coordinator Brent Venables left to become the head coach at Oklahoma.

"Honestly I was having a lot of uncertainty about Clemson and kind of having some second thoughts," Everette said. "So, I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at my options."

Everette has already taken four official visits, which means that he has one left to use. It sounds like he could go to either Miami or Florida this weekend as he has spoken with both Mario Cristobal and Billy Napier.

"[Coach Cristobal] was just saying that he wants me to come see him this weekend. I might go see what they have to offer. I mean this all just happened, so I'm just trying to figure it all out," Everrett explained.
Everette could also return to UGA for an unofficial visit as he confirmed that there has been contact with Kirby Smart, Jahmile Addae and Will Muschamp. North Carolina is another school that was heavily involved in the recruitment back in the spring/summer months. The same goes for FSU.
The team at 247Sports currently pegs Everette as the nation's No. 6 cornerback prospect and the No. overall recruit in the class of 022.. The Virginia native, who runs the 40-yard dash in the 4.4 range, was excellent in coverage this season and will cap his prep career off at the Under Armour All-America Game.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back