Off-Topic Evidence of innocence not enough to overturn a conviction

imurcane

Banned
Banned

Could be very problematic. It totally makes sense given this crazy state of conservatism that has engulfed American politics.

Advertisement
No disdain for the conservative court walking back our civil rights? Sixth Amendment aint the second amendment don't we all know.

No disdain for the conservative court walking back our civil rights? Sixth Amendment aint the second amendment don't we all know.
I'm not a constitutional lawyer - nor smart enough to decipher the implications; but I'm not going to trust an MSNBC columnist who quotes one-sentence of Judge Thomas' opinion and then infers his own interpretations. Shame on yahoo for syndicating this opinion piece as news.

But you are certain we need a well regulated militia in each state? You are also sure things have gotten worse since the 19th amendment was passed. And you still have no idea why having evidence of innocence is enough to over turn a conviction?

Advertisement
I'll leave it to the true legal minds here, but this is what I found.

Under 28 U.S.C. § 2254(e)(2), a federal habeas court may not conduct an evidentiary hearing or otherwise consider evidence beyond the state-court record based on the ineffective assistance of state postconviction counsel.

This is a clarification of the provisions of the 1996 Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act. One of many bipartisan pieces of legislation that quietly took away rights in the name of fighting terrorism.

Advertisement
Back