everyone email bjames@miami.edu

Advertisement
I just sent Stewart an email. ...that's who we need to go to. Blake is a puppet.

My email titled "Reaching one's level of incompetence‏"

Hi Blake

There's a saying that everyone will eventually reach their level of incompetence. Al Golden has done just that. He is not the right fit for Miami Football.

By not recognizing this as Miami's athletic director will prove that you too, have reached your level of incompetence.

Please take a stand, do the job you were hired to do, fire Al Golden and find a coach that will make our football program relevant once again.

My suggestion would be to consider Mark Stoops as Golden's replacement.

Thank you

David

I emailed Blake and Miller this:

I understand you are a busy man and hope you can take a moment to hear my concerns regarding the direction of the football program. It is clear to me that for the 2nd year in a row Coach Golden has lost this team and has lost respect in the locker room. It has been readily apparent watching the last 2 games that this team has checked out mentally and a new voice is needed to lead the program.

Many in favor of keeping Coach Golden will argue that the program is trending in a positive direction but that can't be further from the truth. We are a 6-5 football team in a conference that can only be regarded as mediocre at best. If we base this off wins and losses the program is in fact trending down. We are also losing traction in recruiting and I can only imagine that this class will begin to fall apart due to the fact that we have a lame duck coach.

The defense is still not up to the standards of what a Miami defense should look like. He can argue that the defense improved but that's simply smoke and mirrors. The defense disappeared when we needed it most.

A iami Hurricanes coach in his 4th season should not field, or be in any way satisfied with, a defense that ranks:

- 46th in Scoring Defense

- 48th in Rushing Defense

- 56th in 3rd Down Defense

- 70th in Red Zone Defense

- 65th in Sacks Per Game

- 59th in Opponent Completion %

- 76th in Interceptions

- 114th in Penalty Yards Per Game

- 88th in 2nd Half Scoring Defense

- 106th in 4th Quarter Scoring Defense

- 80th in Punts Forced

- 77th in Rushing 1st Downs Allowed Per Game

- 61st in Total Opponents 1st Downs Per Game

- 84th in OPP Time Of Possession

I thank you for your time and hope and pray that you have intestinal fortitude to make the changes necessary to bring this program back.

Advertisement
Send the email to all three and be respectful and professional if you want them to take you seriously. I sent mine out. Flood their mailboxes.

I sent an email to Miller but I also added in Blake because I want him to know that we are going straight to the guys who can force his hand.

Advertisement
Here is my email:

Hello University of Miami Administrators,
After your recent announcement that Al Golden is--and will continue to be--the University of Miami head coach, this season ticket holder (and the five others that attend with me) and Hurricane Club member of 15 years will NOT be donating/attending ANY Miami Hurricanes sporting events until he is fired. Mediocrity is not acceptable for the school formerly known as "The U," AND WE ARE NOT EVEN MEDIOCRE. Don't believe me? Let's look at the facts:

-We are really 4-6. Wins over FAMU and Arkansas State don't count.
-We are 8-10 in our last 18 games (including FAMU and Ark. State)...trending up? I think not. Also, of those 10 losses, 9 have been by DOUBLE digits. We are getting wiped away by inferior teams.
-Al Golden is 28-21 at Miami (Randy Shannon was 28-22)
-Al Golden in 16-16 in the dismal ACC (same as Randy Shannon)
-Of the six games we lost this year, only FSU and Nebraska have had higher rated recruiting rankings (when averaged) the past five years.
-Al Golden is 18-20 at Miami vs teams from power 5 conferences.
-Under Al Golden, Miami has been outscored 181-69 in its past 10 losses which indicates a lack of ability to make adjustments.
-Miami just lost handily to a Pitt team that lost to FCS Akron at HOME.
-Al Golden is 55-55 as a collegiate head coach
-Al Golden is 1-27 vs teams with 8 or more wins
-Al Golden has never won his conference at any level

There are many more statistics I could rattle off, but my point has been made. Al Golden is a terrible football coach and should be fired immediately if Miami is committed to athletic excellence. I was at the Sugar Bowl, the Rose Bowl NC, The Fiesta Bowl NC, The Orange Bowl, The Peach Bowls, etc. etc. I always travel up to FSU to see the Canes play the Noles. I always travel to in state away games. At this point, much of the fan base is at a cross roads: if UM is no longer committed to winning, why go to games and why waste time following Miami athletics? It has been over ten years since Miami fielded a good team and that is unacceptable. I bleed Orange and Green, but like much of the fan base, I'm fighting a feeling of indifference. If Miami doesn't make a change soon, our brand may be destroyed and we may never win another National Championship. When Miami fires Golden (the writing is clearly on the wall), potential candidates should have Miami ties and play a Miami brand of football. Part of the reason why Al Golden is failing here is he has implemented a 3-4 "read and react" scheme that doesn't maximize our players potential. Miami needs to revert to its roots with the next coach and run an aggressive 4-3 defense. Therefore, I recommend Greg Schiano, Butch Davis, Rob Chudzinski, Jim Tressel, Bo Pellini, and Rex Ryan for the job.
Sincerely (Please get this fixed),
Drew Maglio

Advertisement
Seriosuly is there like a website where you can forward out an email like 1000 times if you want... just flood their mail box. I know there are some for text messages, snap chats etc

Seriosuly is there like a website where you can forward out an email like 1000 times if you want... just flood their mail box. I know there are some for text messages, snap chats etc

Yeah! Everyone add MiamiHurricanes on SnapChat and send them **** pics over and over!

Don't stop 6-6 over 4 years shouldn't get him a pass, and he gets to keep his coaches...... How long should it take! Neb, mich, Fla........are we not at there level?
I guess we shouldn't demand a better product because we will never be like the big schools! WOW what a message on how the mighty have fallen

Advertisement
15314012523_be82afc607_o.jpg

Here is my email:

Hello University of Miami Administrators,
After your recent announcement that Al Golden is--and will continue to be--the University of Miami head coach, this season ticket holder (and the five others that attend with me) and Hurricane Club member of 15 years will NOT be donating/attending ANY Miami Hurricanes sporting events until he is fired. Mediocrity is not acceptable for the school formerly known as "The U," AND WE ARE NOT EVEN MEDIOCRE. Don't believe me? Let's look at the facts:

-We are really 4-6. Wins over FAMU and Arkansas State don't count.
-We are 8-10 in our last 18 games (including FAMU and Ark. State)...trending up? I think not. Also, of those 10 losses, 9 have been by DOUBLE digits. We are getting wiped away by inferior teams.
-Al Golden is 28-21 at Miami (Randy Shannon was 28-22)
-Al Golden in 16-16 in the dismal ACC (same as Randy Shannon)
-Of the six games we lost this year, only FSU and Nebraska have had higher rated recruiting rankings (when averaged) the past five years.
-Al Golden is 18-20 at Miami vs teams from power 5 conferences.
-Under Al Golden, Miami has been outscored 181-69 in its past 10 losses which indicates a lack of ability to make adjustments.
-Miami just lost handily to a Pitt team that lost to FCS Akron at HOME.
-Al Golden is 55-55 as a collegiate head coach
-Al Golden is 1-27 vs teams with 8 or more wins
-Al Golden has never won his conference at any level

There are many more statistics I could rattle off, but my point has been made. Al Golden is a terrible football coach and should be fired immediately if Miami is committed to athletic excellence. I was at the Sugar Bowl, the Rose Bowl NC, The Fiesta Bowl NC, The Orange Bowl, The Peach Bowls, etc. etc. I always travel up to FSU to see the Canes play the Noles. I always travel to in state away games. At this point, much of the fan base is at a cross roads: if UM is no longer committed to winning, why go to games and why waste time following Miami athletics? It has been over ten years since Miami fielded a good team and that is unacceptable. I bleed Orange and Green, but like much of the fan base, I'm fighting a feeling of indifference. If Miami doesn't make a change soon, our brand may be destroyed and we may never win another National Championship. When Miami fires Golden (the writing is clearly on the wall), potential candidates should have Miami ties and play a Miami brand of football. Part of the reason why Al Golden is failing here is he has implemented a 3-4 "read and react" scheme that doesn't maximize our players potential. Miami needs to revert to its roots with the next coach and run an aggressive 4-3 defense. Therefore, I recommend Greg Schiano, Butch Davis, Rob Chudzinski, Jim Tressel, Bo Pellini, and Rex Ryan for the job.
Sincerely (Please get this fixed),
Drew Maglio

Well done

Advertisement
Back