ESPN's Ocho says Jackson is a Thriller

hurricane04

Freshman
Sam Ocho says Michael Jackson will be defensive player of the year. He names a bunch of that other Michael Jackson's catchy tunes in his reference material.

Advertisement
I was expecting.....

ImperfectPastHippopotamus-max-1mb.gif

Wow so MJ Defensive Player of the Year? For him to do that he’ll need at least 6-7 INT’s plus a bunch of PBU’s and tackles wouldn’t he?

The EYES are definitely on us this year. When we beat LSU handily the Natty discussion will be sooner than expected by the media this season.

Advertisement
what MR and MR have done with him as a player is downright amazing. Kid looks like a first rounder last year......love the name too. They get ripped for recruiting db and rightfully so but they have done a elite job at coaching that young man up.....props to that part of the job.

Advertisement
Hope he plays great and at a minimum, that he doesn't get torched again by the Pitt receivers.

Advertisement
Lol.

Pretty funny

snuck in

Off the wall
Remember the time
Smooth Criminal
Dont stop til you get enough
Thriller
Rock with you
I give him a solid A. Woulda been an A+ if he had added "Beat It" and "Speed Demon". But I applaud his effort anyway.

Advertisement
What’s the point of this? Is he probably going to win? No. But come on. Comments like this are pointless. Let everyone enjoy a Cane being in the national spotlight for a moment.

I don’t know, I don’t think I’m as a big of a Michael Jackson fan as everyone else so it just seems unrealistic to me. I also don’t think Bandy will win defensive player of the year, does that make me a bad fan?

Rumph may not have the most outgoing personality but he can sure **** coach. I remember the days our DBs (corn elder excluded) looked like they are stuck in the mud. MJ went from a 4th stringer to first rounder after Rumph got is his ear. Very impressed with his development. Doesn't hurt that the guy can tie his shoes while standing straight. Hes the prototype at CB

Jackson didn’t get beat deep seemingly ever last year. Great closing speed and ball skills. He was pretty good in run support too.

My question - and maybe those that attend all the games in person can answer this - is how is he in zone coverage? On TV it looked like a lot of stuff was completed underneath him, but it’s hard to tell on tv.

It didn’t look like he was a liability or getting picked on (like Delaney did at times), it just looked like he could stand to improve. From what I saw, he needs improve to in order to be a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
Back