ESPN Sports Science .11 seconds

Advertisement
They really are going out of their way to **** on that play. Feels good to be hated again. Hope these kids are ******* feasting on it and run train the rest of the season.

So...we are talking .11 seconds from the time his knee touched and he released the ball...or was it .11 seconds between when his knee hit and the ball started leaving his body? Where did he start to lose control of the ball, which means he no longer by rule possessed it?

This bit of nuance wasn't covered, and hasn't been addressed by this scientific breakdown. It's a major difference when it comes to really applying the letter of the possession rule. Even if SportScience had been applying their scholastic aptitude to the review, there's no way they could have conclusively ruled Walton "down" by rule, no matter what the super-slo-mo freeze frame of .11 seconds of knee to turf vs. ball leaving hand time there was elapsed.

I think the only "true" penalty that could have been called was Redwine's block in the back. Here's the problem though - the officials missed that one altogether. During review, they couldn't tack on a flag where it wasn't thrown. The flag thrown was on the last block by Walton around Duke's 25 yard line. That block was the only reviewable one since they threw the flag on it, and it was shown to be a legal block.

And Scott (or any player) coming onto the field was a post-play dead ball foul anyway. It wouldn't have taken the TD off the board. Throw that flag all day, I don't give a fvck.

So...as Vishnu said in his Slice article...what we really come down to is ONE missed block in the back call that all of this attention and vitriol has been about.

Advertisement
that block in the back is never called because it shoved the defender into the guy with the ball. it actually helped the guy make a tackle. refs are trained not to throw a flag on that type of play.

You see, we had bought and paid for fair treatment by the refs. We paid by check, and they were waiting for the check to clear. Fortunately, the check cleared right before that kickoff.

I didn't know that. I thought Duke had only payed for 60 minutes of cheating and the extra time the refs gave Duke on the that last bogus TD drive had exhausted their minutes. I assumed the confusion on the replay was all about checking to see if there Duke had any "rollover minutes" left or it there were any transfer minutes from the basketball team's group plan.

So...we are talking .11 seconds from the time his knee touched and he released the ball...or was it .11 seconds between when his knee hit and the ball started leaving his body? Where did he start to lose control of the ball, which means he no longer by rule possessed it?

This bit of nuance wasn't covered, and hasn't been addressed by this scientific breakdown. It's a major difference when it comes to really applying the letter of the possession rule. Even if SportScience had been applying their scholastic aptitude to the review, there's no way they could have conclusively ruled Walton "down" by rule, no matter what the super-slo-mo freeze frame of .11 seconds of knee to turf vs. ball leaving hand time there was elapsed.

I think the only "true" penalty that could have been called was Redwine's block in the back. Here's the problem though - the officials missed that one altogether. During review, they couldn't tack on a flag where it wasn't thrown. The flag thrown was on the last block by Walton around Duke's 25 yard line. That block was the only reviewable one since they threw the flag on it, and it was shown to be a legal block.

And Scott (or any player) coming onto the field was a post-play dead ball foul anyway. It wouldn't have taken the TD off the board. Throw that flag all day, I don't give a fvck.

So...as Vishnu said in his Slice article...what we really come down to is ONE missed block in the back call that all of this attention and vitriol has been about.

And, the fireworks had not even gone off yet, so ***** them. Got to love all this hate. We are getting more press that Trump. I expect him to come out supporting us to get some air time.

Advertisement
They got the full backflip in that video. Can someone gif it?

Someone else could probably clean it up a little more. The camera zooms out right after he lands.

xTiTnMbWIR7fz5ehFe.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

You see, we had bought and paid for fair treatment by the refs. We paid by check, and they were waiting for the check to clear. Fortunately, the check cleared right before that kickoff.

I didn't know that. I thought Duke had only payed for 60 minutes of cheating and the extra time the refs gave Duke on the that last bogus TD drive had exhausted their minutes. I assumed the confusion on the replay was all about checking to see if there Duke had any "rollover minutes" left or it there were any transfer minutes from the basketball team's group plan.
I think that was the refs letting everyone know that the price to get 'questionable' calls against Miami just went up.

59605290.jpg

Bagmen every where have been put on notice. What you paid before doesn't guarantee a win against a well coached Miami.

that block in the back is never called because it shoved the defender into the guy with the ball. it actually helped the guy make a tackle. refs are trained not to throw a flag on that type of play.
That's an interesting take. I've never heard an official on any level say something to that effect.

Advertisement
Back