ESPN pulls strike zone box due to complaints to NCAA

atlantacane17

Redshirt Freshman
so my buddy was right. his cousin works at ESPN. apparently after the miami game on saturday, lots of complaints of the ump to the ncaa etc because the ump was missing the strike zone so much. complaints got worse with the other games over the weekend that the NCAA put pressure on ESPN to pull the tv strike zone box until possibly the final. WOW!!!

Advertisement
The college game has always had a huge issue with the strike zone. If you're going to play your championship in a pitcher's paradise, you have to call the strike zone as it should be. Calling pitches six inches off the plate for strikes helps the inferior team and talents.

I've seen some examples of this that just make you shake your head. You want more offense, make pitchers throw actual strikes.

The college game has always had a huge issue with the strike zone. If you're going to play your championship in a pitcher's paradise, you have to call the strike zone as it should be. Calling pitches six inches off the plate for strikes helps the inferior team and talents.

I've seen some examples of this that just make you shake your head. You want more offense, make pitchers throw actual strikes.
Yep--this is what has irked me about this whole deal. You don't want your umps getting criticism? Don't agree to the K-zone to begin with.

And then, they nerfed the bats and the balls down where there was next to no offense, nevermind what the ump is calling for a strikezone. They still have the bats nerfed a lot, but they relented on the ball and fixed the seams. Alright--good move.

And then, they have umps calling ridiculous strikezones in a cavernous pitcher's ballpark.

Well, do you want offense, or don't ya?

Advertisement
Back