ESPN Position U

#17 in QBs produced? How is that possible?

ESPN ranked the top schools who have produced the best players by position since the year 2000.

That's how.

I get it. I just wonder how this list made any top 20 list:

1. Dorsey
2. Berlin
3. Crudup
4. Wright
5. Freeman
6. Harris
7. Marve
8. Morris

Dorsey's W/L record is pretty much the best record any QB in modern football has ever had. Also, 1 NC, cheated out of another, and should have played for a 3rd. He also holds school records for most TDs and most yardage.

Harris is second in TDs and yardage in the history of UM.

Morris is 3rd all-time in those same categories, as well as 4th in completions and 9th in completion %.

Berlin had a solid Sr. year, put up good numbers, and was all-ACC.

Honestly, looking at those numbers, you'd think we'd have won a helluva lot more games between 2002 and now.

I hope this wasn't an attempt to prove that we've had good quarterback play since Dorsey.

Advertisement
#17 in QBs produced? How is that possible?

ESPN ranked the top schools who have produced the best players by position since the year 2000.

That's how.

I get it. I just wonder how this list made any top 20 list:

1. Dorsey
2. Berlin
3. Crudup
4. Wright
5. Freeman
6. Harris
7. Marve
8. Morris

Dorsey's W/L record is pretty much the best record any QB in modern football has ever had. Also, 1 NC, cheated out of another, and should have played for a 3rd. He also holds school records for most TDs and most yardage.

Harris is second in TDs and yardage in the history of UM.

Morris is 3rd all-time in those same categories, as well as 4th in completions and 9th in completion %.

Berlin had a solid Sr. year, put up good numbers, and was all-ACC.

Honestly, looking at those numbers, you'd think we'd have won a helluva lot more games between 2002 and now.

I hope this wasn't an attempt to prove that we've had good quarterback play since Dorsey.

Everything after Berlin's senior year has been mediocre to average at best.

It's like you guys didn't even read the scoring. Arkansas is #1 because McFadden was a beast. He single handedly got them 72 of their 104 points.

Of course they didn't as that's typical of people these days....talking about things they don't fully understand. One would think after seeing RB ranked that low, you'd go back and see how they came up with that number.

You can argue their criteria for determining their rankings is wrong, but that's about it.

It's like you guys didn't even read the scoring. Arkansas is #1 because McFadden was a beast. He single handedly got them 72 of their 104 points.

Of course they didn't as that's typical of people these days....talking about things they don't fully understand. One would think after seeing RB ranked that low, you'd go back and see how they came up with that number.

You can argue their criteria for determining their rankings is wrong, but that's about it.

Place me in this group you are talking about. I didnt see the breakdown either. Was just going off of what guys did in the league. So with that said, I guess the rankings were right. But its still BS. You ask any NFL scout that same question and we would be in the top 3 easily. But whatever. ESPN will do anything to make the **** SEC look good. So all hail Arky for having the best college RBs.

Advertisement

Place me in this group you are talking about. I didnt see the breakdown either. Was just going off of what guys did in the league. So with that said, I guess the rankings were right. But its still BS. You ask any NFL scout that same question and we would be in the top 3 easily. But whatever. ESPN will do anything to make the **** SEC look good. So all hail Arky for having the best college RBs.

The fact is though, If you don't even have us in the top 3, it obviously isn't a good ranking. I mean we should be #1, but the fact we aren't even in the top 3, or 5, should show them that maybe the way they made their rankings was poor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back