ESPN Matchup Predictor has Duke as the favorite vs the Canes

HurricaneAlex

Sophomore
Banned
ESPN already puts Duke as favorite to win the Miami game at home without even being in the top 25, without beating a top 25 team or even winning a away game SMH the hate is more than real folks.

BS.jpg

Advertisement
If you guys recall. Their QB torched us last year. He completed I think 90%. They could most certainly beat us.

If you guys recall. Their QB torched us last year. He completed I think 90%. They could most certainly beat us.

Yeah but they still lost against the Canes and lets see first if they can even win at UNC their first road game of the season, but yeah this could be a trap game for sure on the road if the Canes don't come to play but ESPN shoulden't premature make them favorites without them proving anything yet.

Yeah but they still lost against the Canes and lets see first if they can even win at UNC their first road game of the season, but yeah this could be a trap game for sure on the road if the Canes don't come to play but ESPN shoulden't premature make them favorites without them proving anything yet.

I don't love espn, but they aren't making a judgment call here, this is what the number say. Plenty of people will be writing Miami off, but that's not what this is. To be fair, they've only got one game's worth of stats on which to judge Miami, and I don't think any of us believe that was our best outing. Let's not break the torches out just yet.

Advertisement
Duke is decent and will give us a game for sure but I doubt they beat us . If we are going to lose it will be to VT or Notre Dame ( please not again!!) . FSU without a qb won't .

We've played one game against an FCS program. Duke has 3 games under their belt against FBS programs, once of which the FPI criminally overrated, as it always does the Big Ten West. Of course the computer would favor Duke.

How many ***** "I'm scared of Duke" threads are we going to have on this board? **** is flat out ridiculous!!!

Advertisement

No he didn't. He completed 68% of his passes by dinking the ball the whole game. Duke scored a late meaningless touchdown on a long drive.

Duke is decent and will give us a game for sure but I doubt they beat us . If we are going to lose it will be to VT or Notre Dame ( please not again!!) . FSU without a qb won't .

If Miami losses to FSU with their QB this will be one LONG *** SEASON.

We've played one game against an FCS program. Duke has 3 games under their belt against FBS programs, once of which the FPI criminally overrated, as it always does the Big Ten West. Of course the computer would favor Duke.

If it just goes by numbers it will likely favor every team we will play from now on but it doesn't for example we are favorites to beat VT now with a 55.6% but still heavy underdogs against FSU who is still a 80.8% to win over Miami without their starting QB lol this ESPN matchup predictor is a joke.

Advertisement
Duke is playing fairly good but my God I hope the days of feeling nervous about the Dukies are over

I'm also very worried about that Virginia game. Their offense really looks like they will give our defense a run for their money. Just look at all those points they put on UCON.

Any other weak *** teams we should be worried about?

/trolling

Advertisement
I'm also very worried about that Virginia game. Their offense really looks like they will give our defense a run for their money. Just look at all those points they put on UCON.

Any other weak *** teams we should be worried about?

/trolling

Maybe Pittsburgh since all the preseason publications had us losing to them!!!!

Never in human history has the ESPN Matchup Predictor meant so much as this game. It's literal prophecy.

I'll put it this way.....If THAT Duke team beats THIS Miami team, it's time to start calling for Richt's head and fueling planes.

Let's see how Vegas views this game as we get closer to it...if Duke ends up being favored or the line is anywhere near even it's time to mortgage every penny you have and put the house on Miami. The opportunity to pay for your kids college and the remainder of your mortgage balance comes along very rarely in life, but that would be one of those moments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back