ESPN article on Manny Diaz

As someone stated above. Miami Hurricane football is very personal. Talk **** on any of my other teams & I really don't care. Talk **** on my canes & there's going to be problems. I could only imagine if I was from South Florida how I'd feel lol Im from PA for Christ sakes

Advertisement
the spontaneous and raw emotion cannot be contrived.

[video=youtube;tUs7GPYQy9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUs7GPYQy9Y[/video]

I knew Manny was for real when he replied to an email I sent praising him of his defense. 'Fast & violent.'

Diaz is who i believe will and should replace richt when the time comes for him to retire. it will absolutely devastating if he leaves for another job i really hope the hometown appeal and the fact that richt maybe has 5 years left will be enough for him to stick around and take over the ship.

Devastating? Cmon man he's an assistant. Good ones come and go on to better things. The players and schemes play a role too.

Advertisement
Pay the defensive staff whatever the **** they want. More important than any IPF or facility change.

The absolute first thing that popped in my mind after reading that article was:

[video=youtube;1jUBbCgMWmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE[/video]

My memory is fading but feels like over 70% of this board was very against Manny when he got hired ...... crickets now

My memory is fading but feels like over 70% of this board was very against Manny when he got hired ...... crickets now

That's a nice broad generalization. Can you find any specifics?

Can you find were say....I said anything negative about Manny's hire?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure majority of this board was obsessed with his unsuccessful stint at Texas

It was a reasonable red flag, correct

Jimmy Johnson could never beat Nebraska or Oklahoma when he was at Ok State --- Possible red flag
Agree. Sometimes it's where, other times it's when, and occasionally it's both. The wheels were coming of Texas as a whole. Too often people overlook that when damning these assistants.

That's my DC
(Even his celebration is old style Canes' celebration)
giphy.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
His coaching style is bred in Miami, needs the athletes. As long as he is in Miami, he will be successful. Think he knows it too, and thats not a knock on him at all. So refreshing to have him, all I've known since I've started watching Miami was subpar defense (I'm relatively young) and now that he is here, it feels like I'm getting to finally see the defenses of old that most of you got to witness. Great to be a Miami Hurricane!

In one season, Diaz went from most Canes fans not liking him as Richt's pick for DC, to most Canes fans hoping that he will stay long enough to replace Richt once he retires.

I don't know if that says more about our fan base or Diaz abilities. Either way, it feels good to feel good about our Defense again.

Advertisement
Back