ESPN announcing new college playoff name and sites

TexCane

Sophomore
4/24/13: ESPN is now running a breaking story announcing the name and sites of the new college play-off system.

"College Football Playoff will be the name of the four-team playoff, which begins after the 2014 regular season.

Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, will be awarded the college football playoff's first national championship, to be held Jan. 12, 2015, sources told ESPN.

Also, the Fiesta, Cotton and Chick-fil-A bowls will join the Rose, Sugar and Orange bowls in the six-bowl semifinal rotation for the new playoff, sources said."

:cigar:

Advertisement
Now was that so hard?

Cowboy stadium is a terrible venue. Furthest thing from college atmosphere in world (ala Sun Life)

Now was that so hard?

Cowboy stadium is a terrible venue. Furthest thing from college atmosphere in world (ala Sun Life)

It's all about who has the nicest stadium and who will line the committees pockets with the most money. That would be Jerry Jones.

There's no denying playing in the Orange Bowl is the reason for some of our national championships.

Advertisement
There's no denying playing in the Orange Bowl is the reason for some of our national championships.

What did I miss? Where does this statement come from?

I love lamp?

Oh, just reminiscing about when we had kind of a monopoly on the national championship game. That home field advantage thing was pretty sweet. All good things come to an end though.

You would think this would help the Big 12 and the SEC.

What did I miss? Where does this statement come from?

I love lamp?

Oh, just reminiscing about when we had kind of a monopoly on the national championship game. That home field advantage thing was pretty sweet. All good things come to an end though.

You would think this would help the Big 12 and the SEC.

Given the stadium, I don't see it as that big of an advantage for anyone. That **** is a more modernized version of Sun Life. It's an event facility; not a football facility.

Advertisement
With a semi-final, and a final game at neutral sights, hope the fan bases are willing to shell out some dinero to travel two weeks in a row,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back