Ermon Lane leads impressive 2014 WR group

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Ermon Lane leads impressive 2014 WR group

It didn't take long for word to spread across St. Thomas University last Saturday during the Airo/IMG 7-on-7 football tournament. The name Ermon Lane was on just about everyone's tongue.

In what turned out to be one of the most prospect-rich events held on any 7-on-7 field, the 6-1, 180-pound Lane, who has been the talk of south Florida the past two years at Homestead, was on display for all to see. As a member of the tournament champion South Florida Express, this gifted prospect confirmed what many had felt all along, Lane is indeed one of the best - not only here - but has to be considered one of the country's best.

This is the same Lane who played tight end for a Richmond Giants' youth program that was so rich in talent, seeing the ball was certainly an adventure at best. But once Lane had the chance to showcase his skills in high school, his star has certainly been on a meteoric rise.

"I look back at those youth football days and they were fun," Lane says of the Giants' Pop Warner national championship team. "It's no wonder a Jacquan Johnson, Tim Irvin or any of those other tremendous players we had on the team are getting national recognition. That's where it all began for all of us."

Lane's impact at the high school level has come as dominating receiver. He is fast, deceptively strong and as athletic as you will find. His kick return skills will open doors at any level, and his ability to take the best defensive backs apart is what has made him one of those "must get" prospects.

Those who have played with and against him continue to marvel at how easy he makes things look. In games, he is usually the one that other teams spend the week scheming for, in 7-on-7, he pretty much does what he wants.
University School quarterback Sean White has thrown for over 5.000 yards in his first three seasons. In that time, he played with - and against some of the best receivers in the region. This year, working with Lane, as part of the South Florida Express, White and Lane have been on the same page - often.

"I have never been around a receiver who is that talented and makes things look so easy," White said. "He is certainly one of those receivers who makes a quarterback look so much better. He is the real deal. Great guy to around as well."

While this region of the country has always been home to Dwayne Bowe and Andre Johnson type of receivers, there was perhaps never as many quality as this rising senior class has - with Lane leading the way.

Among those receivers who have already being receiving attention include Steve Ishmael (North Miami Beach), Tyre Brady (Homestead South Dade), JoJo Robinson (Miami Northwestern), Jacob McCrary (Miami Coral Reef), Henderson “Prince” Gray (Miami Monsignor Pace), Corey Holmes (Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas), Isaiah McKenzie (Plantation American Heritage), Cornelius Floyd (Miami Gulliver), FSU-bound C.J. Worton (Homestead South Dade) and Miami Norland’s 6-6 standout Kendrick Edwards.

"The receiving talent in this class is as gifted as we've watched down here," said Dana Wiley of Prep Films. "It's almost a certain that several colleges will walk away with some very impressive athletes."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...s-impressive-2014-wr-group.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Good, now you can rejoin your pop warner team at the U

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lane is a must get. Him and Coley in back to back classes is crazy.

i agree, in order of importance

1.Clark
2.insert 1 big time DT and 2 Juco DTs
3.Sony & Yearby(Sony should probably #1 because he's so respected that others will follow)
4.Lane
5.KC

Advertisement
Isnt the Pop Warner team called Richmond Heights Giants? Did they drop the Heights? Back in my day "the Heights" was f*cking sick. They spanked our @sses pretty good. Sunnyland was pretty freaking sick too.

Advertisement
Isnt the Pop Warner team called Richmond Heights Giants? Did they drop the Heights? Back in my day "the Heights" was f*cking sick. They spanked our @sses pretty good. Sunnyland was pretty freaking sick too.

Back when I was a kid we used to give Heights a run for their money, I played at Palmetto Optimist

Back when I was a kid we used to give Heights a run for their money, I played at Palmetto Optimist

IIRC you guys werent that good back in my day. We were pretty mediocre on the second team I played on, and we spanked you guys almost every year. The teams I remember being the sh*t were The Heights, Sunnyland, and Tamiami.

IIRC you guys werent that good back in my day. We were pretty mediocre on the second team I played on, and we spanked you guys almost every year. The teams I remember being the sh*t were The Heights, Sunnyland, and Tamiami.

I played at Tamiami and later KLand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back