2025 Eric Winters 4* LB from Enterprise, Alabama

Be very surprised if we get him or Grady. Def a testament to Mario recruiting. That part of Alabama is super pro SEC. Crazy Enterprise has two national ranked players.
It's been asked before, is he a safety or backer for us? He's being listed at both.

Advertisement
But good thing is Enterprise is a heavily military school due to its proximity to a helicopter aviation school is previous Ft. Rucker now Ft. Novosel or something like that. So parents could not be from Alabama region.

It's been asked before, is he a safety or backer for us? He's being listed at both.
If I had to say I would think Winters is being recruited for the Sam/Nickel hybrid role that Cam Pruitt has been playing this spring. The same position that KJ Cloyd played last year.

Positional versatility is a fundamental aspect of Lance Guidry's defensive philosophy. His defense uses hybrid players at 3 key positions. You have the Jack DE position that is a hybrid of DE/OLB, the Sam/Nickel position I referenced above which is a hybrid of an OLB/Safety and the Star/Nickel DB which is generally a hybrid of CB/Safety.

Employing these hybrid positions allows Guidry the flexibility to adjust/match up with different offensive personnel without having to substitute as much as he would otherwise.

Be very surprised if we get him or Grady. Def a testament to Mario recruiting. That part of Alabama is super pro SEC. Crazy Enterprise has two national ranked players.
3, or soon to be with Andrew Purcell.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.36.12 PM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back