Enos presser

Advertisement
Off topic a bit - but how about a Patke presser? I'd like to know after the disaster of special teams last year, in what f*cking world does Patke qualify to coach special teams?

In what world does Patke qualify to really be coaching anything on a high power 5 level? Being ill prepared for a "trick" play and our fg kicker regressing this year to now missing chip shots, is as much to blame as anything for the loss. Magically JT4 now looks like Cager out there taking punts/kick offs.

Off topic a bit - but how about a Patke presser? I'd like to know after the disaster of special teams last year, in what f*cking world does Patke qualify to coach special teams?

In what world does Patke qualify to really be coaching anything on a high power 5 level? Being ill prepared for a "trick" play and our fg kicker regressing this year to now missing chip shots, is as much to blame as anything for the loss. Magically JT4 now looks like Cager out there taking punts/kick offs.

From waterboy for the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs to University of Miami special teams coordinator. It's a **** of a promotion by Diaz.

Advertisement
From waterboy for the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs to University of Miami special teams coordinator. It's a **** of a promotion by Diaz.
I don’t want to argue with you guys about Patke’s qualifications. He’s VERY green, and I don’t think Diaz should have given him that role.

However, I do want to push back a little bit and ask a genuine question to everyone: why is there so much frustration directed at him for last night’s performance? It’s not his fault that JT4 fumbled, or that Bubba missed that FG.

I also thought our coverage teams look significantly better than last year, and Hedley is obviously a big upgrade in the punting department.

Where I do think Patke should catch some blame is not having the guys ready for that fake punt in the 1st quarter, although that was an incredibly gutsy call by Mullen, and I don’t necessarily blame our coaches/players for being caught off guard. Still, no excuses. They can’t let that happen. I would also ask Patke why we didn’t pressure UF’s punter all night? It’s not like we were setting up for a return because JT4 was blanketed every time he attempted to field a punt.

Overall, though, I genuinely don’t see what everyone is so angry about. Patke should have never got the job in the first place, but most of the special teams things people are complaining about weren't really his fault. I don’t know....maybe I’m just too optimistic, but that’s my honest take.

Advertisement
Back