Enos Interview - More on QB play and preparation

Problem is how much patience will the fan base have.is it going to give this staff the time it needs before they call for the banners to fly.fans need to realize we finally have a good coaching staff and it's going to take time to change those bad habits the past coaching staff have allowed to develop.
Our fan base is crazy af, but the beef we've had with previous staffs is their unwillingness to make minor adjustments, like in the Al Golden era firing your DC. In the Richt era hiring a OC

Advertisement
If I was Manny I would have the entire offensive staff following Enos like homeless puppies.... from sunrise to sunset, picking his brains & recording every word he muttered as if he were Socrates.

I know we've yet to see this offense in action against an opponent.... But I like the cut of this man's jib. Very Intelligent, organized, crafty, and a great teacher

Potentially one of our greatest coaching hires ....and without any doubt soon to become a very hot prospect on the coaching market the more successful we become.

We better start saving our pennies

Last edited:
Advertisement
I too think we’ll experience growing pains, but in a good sense. Meaning, we should be able to exploit most, if not all defenses we face this season. Growing pains coming from the OL and QB positions as the former we upgrade talent wise and experience consistent OL play. And the latter as whoever is the starting QB learns not only what Enos demands out of the position even we’ll into the season but also since all 3 are fairly young learning to read tendencies and coverages to find the open receiver - be it RB, TE, or WR.

No
From the Athletic story - Enos interview yesterday

Asked what he keeps his eyes on before the snap when he is coaching, Enos said: “The first thing I do is I’m looking at the defense to see where they’re lining up and get the front and I get the coverage. And usually, the two safeties will tell you. We say they have the keys to the castle. One of those safeties is usually going to give away the coverage and any possible blitz.

“But me personally, I watch the point of attack, meaning if we’re running a lead-zone weak play, I’m watching the play-side tackle and guard and the fullback. I’ve been doing it for so long, I kind of see if somebody missed the block.

“And if it’s a pass play, I’m looking to exactly what I teach the quarterbacks to do. So, we give them a movement key on every play on a pass play, which means that they’re going to read a defender, a certain defender and key his movement, and that will allow (the quarterback) to make a decision whether he’s gonna be throwing it to the first guy or the second or the third. And so, I’ll play just like the quarterback when the ball is snapped and my eyes are going to go exactly where his eyes are going to go to help him when he comes back to the sidelines.”

He said in that interview that after practice the staff convenes and reviews the practice tape in detail, breaking down all the things each player needs to work on and includes all the positive things they did right. They also put together the install plan for the next practice.

He mentioned the following with regard to the install:

So as an offensive staff, we go through that and make sure that every coach in the room is on the same page. That takes quite a bit of time.

“One thing you have to understand is that we may have a play offensively, but we have to block it versus all the different fronts, blitzes and coverage that we may see. So, it goes from one play to 10 times that. Then we script for the next day, which means I have to actually physically write down every offensive play we’re going to run, the personnel, the formation, the hash it’s going to be on, the down and distance.

WOW I have no doubt we will be more than ready for every game this season.....

No wonder Richt only had four plays.

Advertisement
In my opinion that's the biggest threat towards him not staying @ MIA at least 5 yrs. Not a potential HC job, but an NFL OC job.
Agree, reading Enos in his words, he sees Miami as a sleeping giant. We give him the chance to showcase HIS offense. No matter what he did or would do at Bama, he, all the coaches, are in the Shadow of Saban. He has the opportunity to shine on his own at the U.

From the Athletic story - Enos interview yesterday

Asked what he keeps his eyes on before the snap when he is coaching, Enos said: “The first thing I do is I’m looking at the defense to see where they’re lining up and get the front and I get the coverage. And usually, the two safeties will tell you. We say they have the keys to the castle. One of those safeties is usually going to give away the coverage and any possible blitz.

“But me personally, I watch the point of attack, meaning if we’re running a lead-zone weak play, I’m watching the play-side tackle and guard and the fullback. I’ve been doing it for so long, I kind of see if somebody missed the block.

“And if it’s a pass play, I’m looking to exactly what I teach the quarterbacks to do. So, we give them a movement key on every play on a pass play, which means that they’re going to read a defender, a certain defender and key his movement, and that will allow (the quarterback) to make a decision whether he’s gonna be throwing it to the first guy or the second or the third. And so, I’ll play just like the quarterback when the ball is snapped and my eyes are going to go exactly where his eyes are going to go to help him when he comes back to the sidelines.”

He said in that interview that after practice the staff convenes and reviews the practice tape in detail, breaking down all the things each player needs to work on and includes all the positive things they did right. They also put together the install plan for the next practice.

He mentioned the following with regard to the install:

So as an offensive staff, we go through that and make sure that every coach in the room is on the same page. That takes quite a bit of time.

“One thing you have to understand is that we may have a play offensively, but we have to block it versus all the different fronts, blitzes and coverage that we may see. So, it goes from one play to 10 times that. Then we script for the next day, which means I have to actually physically write down every offensive play we’re going to run, the personnel, the formation, the hash it’s going to be on, the down and distance.

WOW I have no doubt we will be more than ready for every game this season.....

This is what real coaching sounds like. We have gone from an abacus to an Apple in one season

Our fan base is crazy af, but the beef we've had with previous staffs is their unwillingness to make minor adjustments, like in the Al Golden era firing your DC. In the Richt era hiring a OC
Banners didn’t fly for golden until 4th year.... I think 4 years is plenty of time to give a staff, especially when they’ve been regressing and consistently losing to lesser teams.

The above is not a statement about the appropriateness of banners... just saying ten fan base didn’t get fed up w golden overnight.

Diaz told Ralph Russo on the AP Top 25 College Football Podcast:

One of the underrated factors that will enter in the decision of who is the starting quarterback for the Miami Hurricanes in 2019 will have nothing to do with throwing the football.

According to coach Manny Diaz, managing the protections of the offensive line and working the pocket will play a big role in who will be UM’s quarterback this year.

Diaz and offensive coordinator Dan Enos believe that quarterbacks play a big role in determining how much time they have to operate when throwing the ball.

Here's the link to the podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ap-top-25-college-football-podcast/id1138957862

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back