Eddie Rudinski 2015 ILB thoughts on him as a Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
With Miami still looking to add another LB to the 2015 Class, 6'2" 215lbs Eddie Rudinski from Oak Christian HS in California is fast rising prospect that would fit nicely as inside linebacker in UM's 3-4 scheme. Rudinski is athletic enough to play in space and has the lateral quickness to excel in underneath zone coverage against slot receivers (Rudinski ran a 4.19sec 20yd shuttle at the LA NFTC, dropping his time from 4.44 sec last year).

http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2014/03/13/los-angeles-nftc-results/

He also has the functional strength to take on blockers at the LOS, while still make the tackling on the ball carrier and with a red-shirt year in a college S&C program he will be even better playing at 240lbs by his soph year. He demonstrate good FB IQ in diagnosing plays quickly which allows him to break on the ball quickly. He has a very long frame which can carry extra weight while still maintaining his ability for fluid movements, which is an important factor when playing against the multiple styles of offenses UM faces in the ACC.

Currently he has a few PAC-10 mid major offers but with it being a strong year for LB's out west I don't see the PAC 10 big boys offering this rising Gem of Linebacker who is ranked as nations 21st best inside linebacker. This could be a situation where UM could start recruiting the kid an see if we can't steal another Gem from the So Cal treasure box as a plan B/C kid if UM missed on Coney / Fox / Jaason Lewis.

What are some thoughts on the this young?

Go Canes

[video=youtube;diMa787zE5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMa787zE5A[/video]

Advertisement
I know him very well since he plays with my son at Oaks Christian and they are good friends. Eddie is a legit 6' 3-4" 225 lbs. who plays SAM and TE. He is a great athlete who has a motor and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Eddie is a high character kid who has done well academically at Oaks, a high academic college prepatory school. He has played Varsity since his Sophomore year in the Marmonte League/PAC 5 Division I known for great competition such as Chaminade (Kayaa, Diamond Lee), Serra (A'doree Jackson)and St. Bonaventure (Ricky Town). Last year he had some set backs with injuries that affected his recruitment and current offers. If not, I believe he would have many offers from the PAC-12 schools today. He is 100% healthy.

If Eddie has the type of season he's capable of his recruitment will blow up and schools like UCLA will offer. Eddie wants to stay in the West Coast.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What ever happened to that Humphrey kid that played linebacker against Kayaa

He committed to Duke. His family puts a huge premium on Academics (both parents and both siblings all went to Stanford, but he has not been offered by Stanford). I would love for Miami to have landed him, but you can't fault a kid for picking Duke or Stanford when they chose solely based on academics.

I think Rudinski is a poor man's Humphreys at this point in his playing career but could be comparable long term. Humphreys is nations 21st ranked outside Linebacker and Rudinski in the nations 21st ranked inside Linebacker, so it is a matter of whom fits the scheme and position UM is linking to fill better but only Rudinski is available.

Go Canes

I know him very well since he plays with my son at Oaks Christian and they are good friends. Eddie is a legit 6' 3-4" 225 lbs. who plays SAM and TE. He is a great athlete who has a motor and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Eddie is a high character kid who has done well academically at Oaks, a high academic college prepatory school. He has played Varsity since his Sophomore year in the Marmonte League/PAC 5 Division I known for great competition such as Chaminade (Kayaa, Diamond Lee), Serra (A'doree Jackson)and St. Bonaventure (Ricky Town). Last year he had some set backs with injuries that affected his recruitment and current offers. If not, I believe he would have many offers from the PAC-12 schools today. He is 100% healthy.

If Eddie has the type of season he's capable of his recruitment will blow up and schools like UCLA will offer. Eddie wants to stay in the West Coast.

Thanks for sharing from what you posted that is exactly why he would be a good fit for Miami. UM can use a few more player with that Dog in them, not to mention a big white Linebacker with a chip on his shoulder (we have had a few of those over the year and are due for another one). Recruiting is funny sometimes hopefully Miami gives him a long look an then gets him out to Coral Gables for a visit where many a West Coast die hard have been flipped to love South Florida. I read he is leaning toward UW at the moment and they are coincidentally his biggest Pac10 offer thus far.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;vBOBqkoGNTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBOBqkoGNTA&list=PLBZPD9ejFC7-sU_pZ2G5_RY2LoljbzWHd&index=8[/video]

Last edited:

If Eddie has the type of season he's capable of his recruitment will blow up and schools like UCLA will offer. Eddie wants to stay in the West Coast.[/QUOTE

Why waste time if he wants to stay on the west coast? Miami is not some stepping stone to get Cali or TX school attention. If they want to play for the U like Kaaya I'm all for it but to be uses a spot light to be notice is wasting time. Milo good chance he ends up at Miami and pretty sure if he commits he will stick

Why waste time if he wants to stay on the west coast? Miami is not some stepping stone to get Cali or TX school attention. If they want to play for the U like Kaaya I'm all for it but to be uses a spot light to be notice is wasting time. Milo good chance he ends up at Miami and pretty sure if he commits he will stick

Most of UM's greatest players weren't highly recruited! So it's not a waste of time, know your teams history of finding hidden gems. Also even more importantly I premised my original post with if UM misses on Fox / Coney/ Lewis then go after Rudinski ( an truthfully it would be good to start looking at him sooner rather then later.)

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

Thanks for sharing from what you posted that is exactly why he would be a good fit for Miami. UM can use a few more player with that Dog in them, not to mention a big white Linebacker with a chip on his shoulder (we have had a few of those over the year and are due for another one). Recruiting is funny sometimes hopefully Miami gives him a long look an then gets him out to Coral Gables for a visit where many a West Coast die hard have been flipped to love South Florida. I read he is leaning toward UW at the moment and they are coincidentally his biggest Pac10 offer thus far.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;vBOBqkoGNTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBOBqkoGNTA&list=PLBZPD9ejFC7-sU_pZ2G5_RY2LoljbzWHd&index=8[/video]

He is leaning towards UW right now while he waits for UCLA or USC to offer. I think he would take an offer from The U seriously but not if UCLA, USC or Stanford offered. The Southern California players want to stay home and play for their home teams. The U is respected and well known but it has a tough time competing against the Southern California Pac 12 schools. Our current MLB Andre Chevalier loves The U and has come over my home reaping The U shorts and shirt.

The last point I'll say about Eddie and the rest of the LBs at Oaks Christian is that they are coached by Clay Mathews Sr., one of the best coaches in California. Eddie and the rest of the LBs are ready for college in terms of their football IQ and technique. Oaks has produced many LBs playing currently in Pac 12.

I would love for Eddie to get an offer from The U and would be in his ear to commit.

If Eddie has the type of season he's capable of his recruitment will blow up and schools like UCLA will offer. Eddie wants to stay in the West Coast.[/QUOTE

Miami landed Kayaa because it was the first offer and Coley stayed on him. It can happen but its a tough pull like it was for Ricky Town. Miami was the first to offer Ricky during his Sophomore year and he was very interested in The U until an offer from USC came.

I am not close to Milo's situation at Chaminade but even if he commits to The U today it may not hold if the top Pac 12 schools offer.

Advertisement
With Miami still looking to add another LB to the 2015 Class, 6'2" 215lbs Eddie Rudinski from Oak Christian HS in California is fast rising prospect that would fit nicely as inside linebacker in UM's 3-4 scheme. Rudinski is athletic enough to play in space and has the lateral quickness to excel in underneath zone coverage against slot receivers (Rudinski ran a 4.19sec 20yd shuttle at the LA NFTC, dropping his time from 4.44 sec last year).

http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2014/03/13/los-angeles-nftc-results/

He also has the functional strength to take on blockers at the LOS, while still make the tackling on the ball carrier and with a red-shirt year in a college S&C program he will be even better playing at 240lbs by his soph year. He demonstrate good FB IQ in diagnosing plays quickly which allows him to break on the ball quickly. He has a very long frame which can carry extra weight while still maintaining his ability for fluid movements, which is an important factor when playing against the multiple styles of offenses UM faces in the ACC.

Currently he has a few PAC-10 mid major offers but with it being a strong year for LB's out west I don't see the PAC 10 big boys offering this rising Gem of Linebacker who is ranked as nations 21st best inside linebacker. This could be a situation where UM could start recruiting the kid an see if we can't steal another Gem from the So Cal treasure box as a plan B/C kid if UM missed on Coney / Fox / Jaason Lewis.

What are some thoughts on the this young?

Go Canes

[video=youtube;diMa787zE5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMa787zE5A[/video]

WANT!

So Monte, how is Rudinski performing so far in his senior season?

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back