Eddie Gran For Oc.

252cane

All-ACC
The more i have been thinking about it, if butch gets the job he needs to hire a good oc. This offense has to much talent to not be better than what it is. I brought up dana holgorsen in another thread but a guy i think would be more realistic is eddie gran.

Gran coached here before, was recently at fsu as the rb coach and has been at cincy the last 3 years as oc. He is only 50 and is a very good recruiter in s.fla. He is only making 350k and miami could easily double that.

Cincy offensive numbers this year.
-5th in total offense 578 yards a game
-5th in passing offense 387 yards a game
-17th in scoring 37.6 pts
-43rd in rushing 190.67 yards a game
-17th 3rd down conversions 45.97%
-4th in first downs

They use that uptempo system and i can see kaaya putting up huge numbers in this type of offense. A high powered offense with an aggressive 4-3 defense would bring back excitement to the game for miami.

Advertisement
image.jpg

I brought his name up before. My dream staff would be Butch as head coach Eddie as OC and Orlando as DC. Not only can Eddie coach but he can recruit

I brought his name up before. My dream staff would be Butch as head coach Eddie as OC and Orlando as DC. Not only can Eddie coach but he can recruit

Yep. I have been very impressed with him since he has been at cincy.

Advertisement
Gran was arguably FSU's best recruiter when he was there.

Alex Collins was signed, sealed and delivered to FSU before Gran left.

Butch with an aggressive OC and recruiter equals perfection...

We stole the wrong OC from FSU. Gran has done a nice job at Cincinnati.

Only way I can get excited about a Davis hire is if he brings a high-octane OC with him. I couldn't take 4 years of a plodding Stone Age John Shoop type of offense wasting talent.

If Kevin Wilson gets fired at Indiana I'd target him. Awesome OC who is also a masterful OL coach.

I can get behind Butch as HC with Wilson (or some other high-octane OC) as OC and Leavitt as DC.

Advertisement

Only way I can get excited about a Davis hire is if he brings a high-octane OC with him. I couldn't take 4 years of a plodding Stone Age John Shoop type of offense wasting talent.

If Kevin Wilson gets fired at Indiana I'd target him. Awesome OC who is also a masterful OL coach.

I can get behind Butch as HC with Wilson (or some other high-octane OC) as OC and Leavitt as DC.

I agree. I'm tired of watching this offense struggle to put up points. Bring in a oc who is going to light up the scoreboard.

I agree. I'm tired of watching this offense struggle to put up points. Bring in a oc who is going to light up the scoreboard.

Couldn't agree more!

How is he working with QBs? At FSU it was Coley who worked with their QBs and Gran, iirc, was their RB coach.

Not sure how good of a qb coach he is but he is very well regarded as a RBC and STC. Not only that, he has recruited sofla for many many years and is regarded as an exceptional recruiter

Advertisement
How is he working with QBs? At FSU it was Coley who worked with their QBs and Gran, iirc, was their RB coach.

He coached rbs at fsu and is the oc/rb coach at cincy. Look it may not be popular but you can keep coley on as qb coach and let gran coach the backs and be oc.

I think coley would stay if he could at least coach the qbs. Greg mattison was michigan dc and had a top 10 unit, harabaugh kept him on staff but as a d-line coach.

Someone at Cincinnati did a great job with that freshman QB Hayden Moore who carved us up and who put up 550 yards on Memphis in 3 quarters. Moore looks like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Advertisement
man, if coley could stay as QB coach and Gran would be OC and RBs, then you got two outstanding recruiters. But you'd be demoting Coley and I'd be surprised if he takes that.

man, if coley could stay as QB coach and Gran would be OC and RBs, then you got two outstanding recruiters. But you'd be demoting Coley and I'd be surprised if he takes that.

He has no choice really. He wants to be in miami and he isn't getting a oc job. He loves kaaya and coaching the qbs and i think if he can continue making what he is making now he would stay.

He would be just a position coach at any other job so why not keep your family at home and stay here.

Kevin Wilson is a great name. Had a great tenure at OU.

I don't think he will be fired if they make a bowl game.

Gran would be a major get. Should have been hired over Dale in the 1st place, but then we would be stuck with Al.

Advertisement
Back