Early Enrollee Loophole

MessiahChild

Redshirt Freshman
Granted, I couldn't give two ***** about Josh Malone nor the ***** made schools involved. It has more to do with the loophole.

"Early Signing Period allows prospects to sign financial aid agreements and thus allowing the prospect/school have unlimited contact with each other".

Cliff Notes:

-Josh Malone had FSU, Georiga and Tennessee as finalists.
-Josh signed a financial aid agreement with Tenn, so he can guaranteed a spot in their class but also to skate NCAA rules.
-The family was going to sign the same agreements with FSU and Georgia.
-Family wanted to have unlimited contact with his finalists to make a better final decision.
-FSU (allegedly) leaked this info since Tenn will be able to have unlimited contact with him and mention him by name as a recruit.
-FSU leaked this info either cause they didn't know he was going to sign the agreements with them as well or cause FSU are just *******.
-Family didn't want the info leaked and now they are butthurt.

Advertisement
I thought he just signed with Tennessee and told the others to start looking elsewhere. He couldn't sign with the other two because the Financial aid agreement is only allowed for 1 team in each conference.

Tenn insiders are the ones saying he signed with UGA and FSU. Even if it's one team per conference, Georgia was a distant 3rd regardless. It's a FSU/Tenn race.

Tenn insiders are the ones saying he signed with UGA and FSU. Even if it's one team per conference, Georgia was a distant 3rd regardless. It's a FSU/Tenn race.

I was wrong

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_
4* WR Josh Malone has now signed & sent in early enrollment papers to #Clemson, #FSU, #Georgia, & #Tennessee. Dec. 4 decision day.

Advertisement

I was wrong

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_
4* WR Josh Malone has now signed & sent in early enrollment papers to #Clemson, #FSU, #Georgia, & #Tennessee. Dec. 4 decision day.

And silly season gets even sillier.

Advertisement
Back