Duke out at ACC tourney - FSU thru to Semis

Advertisement
The ACC has to change something. FSU will have a huge advantage vs. whoever they face the rest of the way. (Not to mention they get to avoid a hot Duke team.)

Maybe they can force FSU to win another game, perhaps on Sunday vs. the currently-scheduled title game's loser, in order to win. Similar to how the CWS title "game" used to be, with the loser's bracket team needing to win twice.

Or maybe the ACC can push the title game to Sunday, but keep it single elimination, in order to give the team from the other side of the bracket a day off.

In either of these scenarios, the UNC/VT loser gets screwed though, since they would be playing a fully-rested FSU squad in the semi's. I guess another option is to push the semi's to Saturday.

The ACC has to change something. FSU will have a huge advantage vs. whoever they face the rest of the way. (Not to mention they get to avoid a hot Duke team.)

Maybe they can force FSU to win another game, perhaps on Sunday vs. the currently-scheduled title game's loser, in order to win. Similar to how the CWS title "game" used to be, with the loser's bracket team needing to win twice.

Or maybe the ACC can push the title game to Sunday, but keep it single elimination, in order to give the team from the other side of the bracket a day off.

In either of these scenarios, the UNC/VT loser gets screwed though, since they would be playing a fully-rested FSU squad in the semi's. I guess another option is to push the semi's to Saturday.
Change what? LOL

To make it easier for someone else...it is almost always about the North Carolina schools, there is nothing wrong with the scheduling

Advertisement
Advertisement
Change what? LOL

To make it easier for someone else...it is almost always about the North Carolina schools, there is nothing wrong with the scheduling
What do you mean "change what"? I literally explained specifically what I think they should change lol. Did you stop reading after the first 6 words?

How can there not be anything wrong with the scheduling? FSU will only need to win 2 games to win the title. The 1 seed, the team that earned the easiest path, would have to win 3. That team (UVA) won on a buzzer beater today, in the same round that FSU just gets to skip altogether.

I know that's no one's "fault", but it creates a massive advantage for FSU, and I think there are some potential workable solutions - as described in detail in my original post.

What do you mean "change what"? I literally explained specifically what I think they should change lol. Did you stop reading after the first 6 words?

How can there not be anything wrong with the scheduling? FSU will only need to win 2 games to win the title. The 1 seed, the team that earned the easiest path, would have to win 3. That team (UVA) won on a buzzer beater today, in the same round that FSU just gets to skip altogether.

I know that's no one's "fault", but it creates a massive advantage for FSU, and I think there are some potential workable solutions - as described in detail in my original post.
Don't be a ****...****. You type of people pick apart everything and try to make stupid sense out of nothing, based on opinion.

Are you a writer for the Herald?...Are you Blake James and Strawleys lovechild..GTFOH!

I don't care about your opinion, but there's is actually thought that goes into the scheduling, unlike your emotional opinions.

Advertisement
Don't be a ****...****. You type of people pick apart everything and try to make stupid sense out of nothing, based on opinion.

Are you a writer for the Herald?...Are you Blake James and Strawleys lovechild..GTFOH!

I don't care about your opinion, but there's is actually thought that goes into the scheduling, unlike your emotional opinions.
What was emotional about my proposal?

Do you not agree that skipping a round is a huge and unusual advantage?

If so, feel free to use your brain and consider whether there might be solutions to fix that.

Advertisement
Back