Duke goes down (again)

Advertisement
They won't, and honestly, it doesn't matter. The rankings are nothing in my eyes, because as we've seen time and time again, most of the pollsters don't know a **** thing. They just pick name brands and then update as they go. You really think some writer or some SID is really watching teams? Of course not.

I honestly cheer against Duke basketball nearly as hard as I root for our Canes. Growing up in NC and having countless friends/families that just “pick” Duke as their favorite school having absolutely zero affiliation with them was mind numbing.

Advertisement
They were the most severely overrated team coming into the season at #2, which was absolutely ridiculous considering how quickly they lost in the tournament last year.

Their ranking was solely based on their history & the recruiting class, nothing more.

They were the most severely overrated team coming into the season at #2, which was absolutely ridiculous considering how quickly they lost in the tournament last year.

Their ranking was solely based on their history & the recruiting class, nothing more.
But in basketball, with so few players and scholarships, it matters a lot. When you look at pure talent evaluation, it's insane UNC and Duke aren't perennial top 10 and that we've been consistently better than them. It's a real testament to Coach L and his staff. Imagine giving him consistent blue chip classes like they have.

But in basketball, with so few players and scholarships, it matters a lot. When you look at pure talent evaluation, it's insane UNC and Duke aren't perennial top 10 and that we've been consistently better than them. It's a real testament to Coach L and his staff. Imagine giving him consistent blue chip classes like they have.
🤔

Advertisement

Remember these types of comments. I forbid U to scream “Overrated” when Miami beats them and then having the urge to storm the court.
One or the other, cant have both

Remember these types of comments. I forbid U to scream “Overrated” when Miami beats them and then having the urge to storm the court.
One or the other, cant have both

I’m confident that Memnon will not have the urge to storm the court. But hilariously accurate wrt most fans lol.

Advertisement
Back