DT Recruits and Current DT's on Team

MetiSkeemz

Junior
I must say I'm quite baffled at the people on this boards and other that I'm apart of. While I do understand we missed out on Jaynard and Keef, are you people really that naive to think the current talent on the roster can't blossom and provide a better pass rush?

The most experienced DT on our team worked through and appendectomy and if I'm not mistaken showed flashes of what could've been. He's CLEARLY staying for his senior campaign and really doesn't have a choice as far as production is concerned if be really cares about his future in the NFL.

The other guys were freshman and redshirted and all of a sudden now they aren't adequate enough because the team as whole produced 13 sacks? Yeah I got the Jadeveon and FSWho German had that type of production single handedly but you have to consider the youth on this front.

You mean to tell me that the athletic "star ranked" secondary gets a pass when they really didn't produce mounds of defended passes or INT's, but all of a sudden the front is just horrible?! Perhaps I'm an optimist or perhaps I can confidently say we don't know if we've seen this defensive fronts complete potential.

Lets give them a chance to develop. Put the. Through a UTough and if the production doesn't eclipse last years, feel free to neg me death for all I care. (Just watch out for my face) {no homo}

Advertisement
Championship teams sign 4-5 DL every year they are the key to being great. Need guys that can win one-on-one battles in the trenches. With that said, here's what MIAMI looks like at DT.

91 Olsen Pierre DT 6-4 296 So Rahway, NJ
93 Luther Robinson DT/DE 6-3 290 Jr Fort Pierce, FL
96 Curtis Porter DT 6-1 308 Jr Charlotte, NC

[This group must stay healthy all year and hold it down!]

72 Earl Moore DT 6-1 300 Fr Tampa, FL
66 Dequan Ivery DT 6-1 303 Fr Lake City, FL
99 Jelani Hamilton DE/DT 6-5 271 Fr Fort Lauderdale, FL
67 Corey King DT 6-1 292 Fr Boca Raton, FL

[These guys played a lot. U-Tough NOW. Hopefully they can give quality depth. Someone MUST emerge from this group]

87 Jacoby Briscoe DT 6-5 312 Fr Lafayette, LA ??????

92 Jalen Grimble DT/DE 6-2 292 So Las Vegas, NV
[The wild card,imo. 3rd year. Hopefully the light comes on. He is desperately needed.]

king and porter came in mid-season after ingures. Hamilton, Moore, and Ivery will have their first full off-seasons. My personal opinion is it takes 3 years whether a true jr or rs soph. to fill out. Watching games last year, our team look like high schoolers (size-wise) compared to everyone we played

Not signing DTackles is horrific regardless of who we currently have. Like others have said, good programs reload on the Dline every year. And while we have numbers right now, we dont have many proven reliable guys. Of course we dont ******* know how the young guys will pan out but thats not the ******* point, at all. They can be Warren Sapp and JB and its still a ****up to not sign at least one tackle.

Advertisement
I just feel like we have effin studs at the DE position (Chickillo is the exception unless he has a game like at GTech ALL next year) the DT's just need that opportunity to get UTTFU (U-Toughed the F*** Up!) and watch development. Simple.

Pass rush is what all the BEST teams have from their DT's, but the biggest thing I am concerned about..the #1 thing I need these boys to do...its to at least stop the **** RUN!! I can deal with no push off the middle..we have speed rushers now that will help a little more, but we cannot have what we had last year, guys who are just getting blocked and not getting off them to make tackles on running plays...

You mean to tell me that the athletic "star ranked" secondary gets a pass when they really didn't produce mounds of defended passes or INT's, but all of a sudden the front is just horrible?! Perhaps I'm an optimist or perhaps I can confidently say we don't know if we've seen this defensive fronts complete potential.

with less pressure, comes more time for receivers to create seperation. the lack of passes defended and int's is a function of more seperation, and passes thrown set from the pocket, without being hurried or on the run, and with contact. i am not choosing to ignore the general lack of experience of the d backs that saw time for us last year but...

the great defenses aren't masking a poor d line with exceptional defensive backs, you can't do that. you can however mask weaknesses at other positions with an exceptional d line, average line backers can make plays when the hogs in front of them are so disruptive they demand two blocks, and average d backs who are a step slow on coverage can make a play on an underthrown ball because the d ends are getting pressure, which is why it is so important for a strong defense to recruit quality depth every year across the trenches, regardless of the numbers on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

with less pressure, comes more time for receivers to create seperation. the lack of passes defended and int's is a function of more seperation, and passes thrown set from the pocket, without being hurried or on the run, and with contact. i am not choosing to ignore the general lack of experience of the d backs that saw time for us last year but...

the great defenses aren't masking a poor d line with exceptional defensive backs, you can't do that. you can however mask weaknesses at other positions with an exceptional d line, average line backers can make plays when the hogs in front of them are so disruptive they demand two blocks, and average d backs who are a step slow on coverage can make a play on an underthrown ball because the d ends are getting pressure, which is why it is so important for a strong defense to recruit quality depth every year across the trenches, regardless of the numbers on the team.

This is COMPLETELY correct, what I'm saying is that the line was filled with underclassmen who were man handled probably because of youth and lack of experience. Instead of us complaining about a kid who we didn't get this year, lets wait for one year and see what happens. We brought in one DT to a line that essentially is PACKED with underclassmen from a JUCO so let's see how the depth we have now and the development play out.

i'm not sure how jethro can miss this year with DT's Clark is a heavy Miami lean as is moten, there's 2 quality prospects and if a couple emerge from our current crop things won't be nearly as bad as people make it seem.

I think we have reconsider "heavy leans" at MIAMI, once the $ec gets involved---and they will----not even shapiro can compete with them.

Advertisement
Back