DT Recruiting

Hstokes1447

Junior
The sky is not falling it is only June and we are off to a great start at DT.

Current commitments
Dalvon Stuckey 4* JUCO
Courtel Jenkins 3*

Guys that have us in their top 5
Cory Johnson 4* JUCO
Abu Lamin 4* JUCO
Travonte Valentine 4*
Michael Sawyer 3*

At the beginning of the recruiting year everyone was guessing that the staff would bring in 2 JUCO kids and 2 high school kids. Well they are halfway there.

Advertisement
i would like 4 talented dt's. i think we got a potential monster in stuckey. hopefully we get valentine and sawyer. we need some younger guys for future depth.

DT Recruiting

26.gif

Add to the list Lamont Gaillord, Chris Nelson ( remember the name ), and Arthur Williams . Those are all DT's that are extremely strong at the point of attack and are very strong with 400lb bench presses in high school for Nelson and Williams.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I agree. Going to hold judgement till signing day. I honestly don't remember the last local DT star that had an impact at the next level.

we had an undersized true soph in olsen pierre, porter always hurt, luther having issues, corey king who had no training camp and came in mid-season, and ivery and moore who were true fresh who really shouldnt have been playing. i think jetro deserves another year to prove himself considering his track record.

The sky is not falling it is only June and we are off to a great start at DT.

Current commitments
Dalvon Stuckey 4* JUCO
Courtel Jenkins 3*

Guys that have us in their top 5
Cory Johnson 4* JUCO
Abu Lamin 4* JUCO
Travonte Valentine 4*
Michael Sawyer 3*

At the beginning of the recruiting year everyone was guessing that the staff would bring in 2 JUCO kids and 2 high school kids. Well they are halfway there.

This.

Would be nice to land Clark BUT, at least Golden and the staff were proactive enough this year to get in with a lot of good high school DT's early. We can miss on Clark, hit on someone else, and still be alright. That's one thing you definitely can't fault this staff for.

I think we will bring in 4 or more DT's. At least Clark didn't wait until signing day to break the news to us like Bostwick. We have enough time to find a replacement, even if the replacement isn't as good.

Advertisement
Plus, I dont believe its over with Clark. He just cant stop liking Miami. I think we will flip him or at the very least make it interesting when we get an official visit

bostwick i wasnt upset at. he showed class, even last minute he was looking at both hats. Keith on the other hand tried to humiliate us as did matthew thomas.

I think we will bring in 4 or more DT's. At least Clark didn't wait until signing day to break the news to us like Bostwick. We have enough time to find a replacement, even if the replacement isn't as good.

you think we bring in 6 DT? :rollcanes:

you think we bring in 6 DT? :rollcanes:

I think the staff would ideally want to bring in 4 DT's but if an elite tackle(Travonte Valentine) decides to come on signing day they wouldn't turn him down because of numbers. I think most cane fans would view signing 6 tackles as excessive. Was that specific enough for you?

Advertisement
guys...forget about DTs. We don't need them.

We have Baby Jesus and He was the only one required to win the 'ship.

we had an undersized true soph in olsen pierre, porter always hurt, luther having issues, corey king who had no training camp and came in mid-season, and ivery and moore who were true fresh who really shouldnt have been playing. i think jetro deserves another year to prove himself considering his track record.

Please look at his track then provide specific support of why he should be kept. This guy is a job hopper and he does it just as the coaches realize he is full of smoke & mirrors. Pete Carroll didn't want him in Seattle, and Sherman didn't want when left the NFL to coach Texas A&M that is why he ended up at Lowly Temple. Now Al needs to cut him loose.

Go Cnes

Coaches talk. If his reputation is as bad as you suspect then he wouldn't have been able to "job hop". Al has kept him around through 2 job stops. He has plenty of evidence to make a decision. He hasn't done it. Jethro Franklin isn't fooling Al Golden with smoke and mirrors at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back