DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

Advertisement
I have no issue with the offer, you always need Plan B. But Tarber and Lyons should be our targets for this class. If we pass on them, it better be due to character issues.

He just transferred to Clearwater international. That school is known for taking Canadian kids. I posted a couple kids from that school last years.

First thing you’re gonna notice is how long he is and how well he moves. For a kid that hasn’t had the best coaching he’s got really good, strong hands. Obviously a great motor as well. He’s the prototype project but he reminds me a bit of Akiem Hicks but with a smaller frame. Hicks plays at around 330 and Hastings will probably get around 310. Michigan offered on the 2nd, ND offered, UT, USF, Perdue, WVU, GT, ASU, and growing. He’s a priority and DL No. 3 for me behind Lucas and Bear. He’s not the bonafide 1st rounder like Shemar but Kelly and him have similar ceilings.
I wouldn't spend much time going after him, it's the culture shock.

An example when I played college ball up here, we had a QB from Montreal, he's black(important for the story) hes name was Wayne Desmond, so I think he was Jamaican, we had a bunch of of guys from Jamican, Haiti and Barbados on our team, either way he got a ship to play in north Texas, not sure the school.

When he went there he was friendly with everyone, so he was chopping it up with the "whites" to start off, then he started chatted up the brothers, then the caucasians didn't like that apparently and when he tried to "go back" and hang with the blacks, they didn't accept him cause of that. Then he ended up essentially in his residence 5hrs away from home hanging out with no one for a year, and no one talked to him on the field.

Yall don't realize how tough this transition is for out if state talent is.

Advertisement

An example when I played college ball up here, we had a QB from Montreal, he's black(important for the story) hes name was Wayne Desmond, so I think he was Jamaican, we had a bunch of of guys from Jamican, Haiti and Barbados on our team, either way he got a ship to play in north Texas, not sure the school.

When he went there he was friendly with everyone, so he was chopping it up with the "whites" to start off, then he started chatted up the brothers, then the caucasians didn't like that apparently and when he tried to "go back" and hang with the blacks, they didn't accept him cause of that. Then he ended up essentially in his residence 5hrs away from home hanging out with no one for a year, and no one talked to him on the field.

He’s from Toronto. It’s in his Twitter bio.

I think Orlando Franklin lived for a few years in Canada too....Miguel Robede was another on the UM squad, but he didn't do anything for the Canes, although apparently had solid career in CFL.

Advertisement

As a Canadian with tons of family and friends that played down south, I can tell you this exactly the type of situation most Canadian players come back to complain about.

My cousin played at a SEC school. He made the mistake of trying to be cool with everyone and spent two years by himself before transferring.

As a Canadian with tons of family and friends that played down south, I can tell you this exactly the type of situation most Canadian players come back to complain about.

My cousin played at a SEC school. He made the mistake of trying to be cool with everyone and spent two years by himself before transferring.

That's messed up. I didn't realize that was even a thing any more among P5 schools. We don't have that White / Black divide on the team at Miami, do we?

Advertisement

Yea sounds like Desmond was a batty man. *Just Joking*

Coached a kid from Montreal 2 years ago he assimilated rather quickly to the south florida guys...and is now a freshman playing at SYracuse.

https://cuse.com/sports/football/roster/damien-alford/20158

I guess it depends ont he person.

But dont think its because they are from Canada....got**** Najee Herris basically stated he didnt mess with Bama's atmosphere at all and his "friends" there didnt play sports...because of him being a Bay Area kid he said he didnt fit or get it down there

There has to be 6 figure + Canadians every year in South florida...they all own homes/condos here. And they populate the nearby caribbean....me living in the bahamas as a kid was taught to swim by a **** canadian lady lol
Facts about the Canadians with cash down here.

Advertisement
There has to be 6 figure + Canadians every year in South florida...they all own homes/condos here. And they populate the nearby caribbean....me living in the bahamas as a kid was taught to swim by a **** canadian lady lol
Hollywood is loaded with French Canadians

He’s from Toronto. It’s in his Twitter bio.
No I'm well aware, eastern canada or more specially the 401 corridor, I.e. windsor/detroit to quebec city, is the hub of the country and culturally ain't that far off, quebec city being the different one, is the French stronghold.

Just making a point, that culture fit is a thing and when other on CIS make mention of only going after big city kids, it's a real thing.
I didn't chose the big city schools for that reason, I was from a town of 150k thst is 100 percent blue collar and has a lot of people from the sticks. I only got accepted by the older guys, because I kept my mouth shut and I beat almost everyone other then 1 guy at the 40 time. They didnt expect a white boy from northern Ontario to best Jamaican at the 40 yard dash haha

Lol I've lost count of how many of my Jamaican family members ended up working in Canada because they met Canadians either in Florida or Jamaica

I think Orlando Franklin lived for a few years in Canada too....Miguel Robede was another on the UM squad, but he didn't do anything for the Canes, although apparently had solid career in CFL.
Orlando Franklin is from Scarborough, a community is Toronto and hes a great human being as wlel, helped that football community a lot.
Robede, transferred to the powerhouse of Laval in university, was a complete monster, I heard stories that the guy was just a complete brawler literslly, would go to a bat just to start a fight cause he wanted to, the type you like have at DT, he was a top 3 pick in the CFL.

Advertisement
Back