2025 D'Shaun Ford 4* RB from Opelousas, LA

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Flo on his Friday show said that we've been stealth recruiting him for a minute and we've established a relationship so the news is now public. Offers from the entire SEC west including L$U. Seemed to imply this is someone that Guidry has ties to and I see he tagged Guidry on his offer.

Advertisement
IMG_3490.gif

Advertisement
his hs is loaded with talent yearly.

Speed looks questionable he runs physical though. Im not high on the jr tape.

**** be 220+ wherever he goes right away

Advertisement
his hs is loaded with talent yearly.

Speed looks questionable he runs physical though. Im not high on the jr tape.

**** be 220+ wherever he goes right away

I actually like the junior tape

Obviously not the burner…But I don't think the lack of speed is as glaring as everyone else here. The cuts are quick and efficient for a power back too. There is another 200 lb. back from LA as well…Simon…Who is interesting as well. I'd guess both end up SEC.

I actually like the junior tape

Obviously not the burner…But I don't think the lack of speed is as glaring as everyone else here. The cuts are quick and efficient for a power back too. There is another 200 lb. back from LA as well…Simon…Who is interesting as well. I'd guess both end up SEC.
****, the way alot of guys in here were posting, I was expecting this kid to be much slower than what I seen on the tape.

Advertisement
I see what the coaches see. I understand the cons, lack of great speed, choppy steps etc... The coaches in the SEC and everywhere else are looking at what this kid could develop into. Ford has a thick squatty powerful build and he naturally has a low center of gravity. For a powerful bruiser type of back, his vision and his ability to make quick and very subtle cuts in the hole and in traffic are noteworthy. Teams aren't recruiting him for his speed however he does possess decent speed for a kid with his build. I believe he has the ability to become significantly faster as he continues to develop his body and he gets college level coaching and S&C.

He also has a specific skill as it pertains to his running style that I'm having a difficult time trying to articulate but I'll give it a whirl. He has a knack for putting himself in the perfect position( creating a running angle) based on pre and post snap picture which enables him to maximize his speed and create the best possible yardage that the situation allows for. Ford is a very instincive/intuitive yet powerful runner who has excellent vision and patience coupled with ability to make quick, subtle and laser like cuts at the LOS, in traffic and in the open field with surprising lateral quickness, elite contact balance and the ability to make defenders miss in a phone booth. Very good prospect with a very solid floor to go with an excellent ceiling.

Advertisement
LSU just got a commit from another 4-star back from Alexandria in JT Lindsey & are also likely to get a commit from James Simon from Shreveport.

So that means all the other Louisiana backs (Ford & Jasper Parker) are open for business.

LSU just got a commit from another 4-star back from Alexandria in JT Lindsey & are also likely to get a commit from James Simon from Shreveport.

So that means all the other Louisiana backs (Ford & Jasper Parker) are open for business.
im a fan of Parker too...need that NNOLA member on the team

Advertisement
Back