Drugs/Partying and sports

People don’t remember when they were 19-22.
I remember going out and drinking in Tijuana to be on base at 3 in the morning for gear check at 4 am and pulling a 15 mile full gear hump in the mountains of camp Pendleton.
Felt fine during and after. Slept a few hrs and back out the same night. I don’t drink anymore because of how bad that sht makes me feel so I’ve switched to something more “organic” 😉. If I drink even a little bit my body feels like I caught the flu.
Partying and sports have been around since sports were created. The issue this team has had the last few years seems to be a lot deeper than the qb getting liquored up the night before a game.
What Happened last season is so far out of the statistical norm but everyone here attributes it to coaching and immaturity? Plenty of teams have bad coaches. And all of them have dudes that party the night before the games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a poor excuse for either (a) bad players and/or (b) bad coaching. Remember the Sugar Bowl fight with UF? No one should have jeopardized their gameday status to fight with the other team. It showed lack of maturity, accountability, yada yada. But it didn't matter. Because we were just better than them. Unfortunately, these guys just ain't good enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back