Dream Scenario

Ajax

Fightin' Back
Al Golden is trolling the **** out of FSU and other schools and has purposely told these kids to hold off until NSD to make a huge statement with a bunch of high-profile televised commitments.

Chances are slim but one could dream.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You gotta remember a lot of kids in sofla never see any other part of the country, so tell UM you're comin and coaches tell you go visit some other schools and have fun.. I know it was Shannon but pretty sure he told some of that 2008 class to do that

is he telling them to go to visit Arkansas, Florida and FSU too?

So if you are a highly recruited kid, how would you feel about a HC telling you, hey I want you to cancel your free vacation and forget about all the attention all kids dream about?
As a matter of fact, after showing AC and MT all the love, telling them how much I need them, I would say go ahead and enjoy your trip and have a great time. Come back and be a Hurricane!
AG said many times, he would be very patient with highly recruited South Florida kids. That's the only way he can be successful here.

If you love somebody, set them free.

If they come back to you, you know they love you too.

If they don't, well, you can always get a job at the post office.

Advertisement
It is entirely possible some kids told him they were gonna pick Miami, and he asked them all to do it on signing day. But he wouldn't advise them to take or not take visits.

But Golden plays chess, that much should be apparent by now. Everything he does is calculated and he understands branding and good P.R. for the program. I'm sure he is trying to set up a massive signing day haul to get Miami's name out there in the national media for closing like animals.

is he telling them to go to visit Arkansas, Florida and FSU too?

So if you are a highly recruited kid, how would you feel about a HC telling you, hey I want you to cancel your free vacation and forget about all the attention all kids dream about?
As a matter of fact, after showing AC and MT all the love, telling them how much I need them, I would say go ahead and enjoy your trip and have a great time. Come back and be a Hurricane!
AG said many times, he would be very patient with highly recruited South Florida kids. That's the only way he can be successful here.

NO, thats not what i said. the OP was insinuating that Golden might be telling the kids to not commit yet and wait for Feb 6. So yeah, if a kid like 6 or Collins(which have been all over the place with their recruitment) were to want to commit finally, i could see Golden saying "so your 100% and aren't planing on taking other visits?".

I know the OP wasnt completely serious....more of a paja mental

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Al has axed the recruits to commit on signing day. The massive free pub for the program would be outlandish. Everyone is watching that day, and it's a great way to get free pub as a team on the rise.

Doesn't matter if they commit a week before signing day because they could still change their minds anyway. So why not just wait the week and get yourself and UM a bunch of great face time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back