Dook Post Game Thoughts

Advertisement
- The DL still needs to get better. FSU always has a solid, well coached OL and that could be an issue for us. Their overall offensive talent doesn't scare me though.

- Seantrel needs to start the rest of the year at RT.

- I don't understand how Finnie isn't playing over Mike Williams yet

- Jacory, yet again shows us how far he's come

- Miller looked healthier than he has in a long time. Very encouraging to see.

- Mike James and Clements looked excellent.

Wasn't a big fan of the Wildcat packages and the times we brought in Morris early. Fisch has the tendency to get too cute at times. I hope we dont see that vs the Noles

Any yet all of those plays worked......

You sound like some of the callers on WQAM post game *****ing about nonsensical things.

I am just being honest. The Morris package with the way Harris is playing I dont see a need for it. And normally when we have tried stuff like that throughout the year it hasnt worked out.

Futch didnt not get a lot of reps yesterday, but I am sure that had a lot to do with us being in nickel most of the game

Advertisement
It was nice too see Mike James have a good game (probably the best of his career). He has been a huge disappointment this year, and it has hurt us on offense. If he can play that type of game against FSU it will help us tremendously.

- The DL still needs to get better. FSU always has a solid, well coached OL and that could be an issue for us. Their overall offensive talent doesn't scare me though.

- Seantrel needs to start the rest of the year at RT.

- I don't understand how Finnie isn't playing over Mike Williams yet

- Jacory, yet again shows us how far he's come

- Miller looked healthier than he has in a long time. Very encouraging to see.

- Mike James and Clements looked excellent.

I think the primary concern with Finnie is how he'll hold up in the run game. Mike Williams takes a beating on boards but he's been more than adequate, especially of late, at holding the corner in the run game and forcing things back inside. That's a consideration in his playing time, I'd assume.

It was nice too see Mike James have a good game (probably the best of his career). He has been a huge disappointment this year, and it has hurt us on offense. If he can play that type of game against FSU it will help us tremendously.

James is much more than a short yardage back. Frankly, he's not been good in short yardage. Miller's been so good in all other settings though that James has been relegated to 3rd and shorts or the "receiving back". James can be very successful when running the normal offense with him in Miller's role.

Any yet all of those plays worked......

You sound like some of the callers on WQAM post game *****ing about nonsensical things.

No they didn't. Morris came in and he got stuffed at the goal line. It took a Mike James run for us to score on 4th down. Lol, Jacory looked better running than he did.

Advertisement
Ideally with Henderson 100% and Feliciano healthy enough to play, Washington should slide back to G, but has he even practiced there yet this year? Bunch got some time at RT today also and was effective, Figs at G as well.

We created TOs and protected the ball ourselves.

Pass rush is still a huge disappointment.

I am just being honest. The Morris package with the way Harris is playing I dont see a need for it. And normally when we have tried stuff like that throughout the year it hasnt worked out.

Futch didnt not get a lot of reps yesterday, but I am sure that had a lot to do with us being in nickel most of the game

I'm hoping Futch didn't get reps because the coaches see how awful he is out there.

They had to throw in all the stuff so FSU could see it and give them something to think about this week....If we can get TB isolated he has always played well against FSwho....

Why not? The wildcat formation was very effective. It also gives FSU something more to think about.

Advertisement
Wasn't a big fan of the Wildcat packages and the times we brought in Morris early. Fisch has the tendency to get too cute at times. I hope we dont see that vs the Noles

While I agree that Fisch occasionally gets a lil too cute, Im hoping he does for FSU. I'd luv to see Mike James throw a pass from the wildcat.

Advertisement
Back