Don't look now... But Navy is beating up on El Fuente

Fuente's agent can't buy that Ferrari yet. Memphis closes with @Houston, @Temple, and SMU.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2360669 said:
crossover22[]_[];2360623 said:
crossover22[]_[];2360610 said:
Yea because memphis should never lose a game. They are loaded with talent

You're right, nobody stands a chance against an Academy team. Those guys are massive, due to their overly large brains, necessary to maintain the academic requirements.

You realize they have beat some great teams over the year dont you?

Im not a fuente guy. Im just saying talking **** because he loses one game make you look ridiculous

Name one GREAT team Navy beat in recent years.......I'll wait!

Beat notre dame in like 09 or 10. When they were ranked.

LOL.......................ND was far far far from great, Homey!

You're right, nobody stands a chance against an Academy team. Those guys are massive, due to their overly large brains, necessary to maintain the academic requirements.

Im not a fuente guy. Im just saying talking **** because he loses one game make you look ridiculous

Did they have way better talent then navy?..........

Advertisement
Lol... and people want him... ill pass.... Butch, Chud, or Strong Please....

If you think Chud is a legitimate candidate, then you're a ****ing idiot.

If u think he isn't, your the f**king idiot!!! He has interest...clearly you been under a rock the last few weeks dummy...smdh

you Lol at Fuente for losing to Navy, but then throw in Strong who is getting **** on left and right. This board is full of asswipes.

navy is better than people give credit. they are a top 30 team. they have a chance to beat houston as well and win the aac.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2360686 said:

Did they have way better talent then navy?..........

You're arguing w/ Sonny Long lol

Teams with lousy pass defense historically don't fare well against the triple option. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Memphis was allowing 8.5 yards per attempt.

That looks like strictly a pass defense stat but it equates to overall defensive intensity and aggressiveness. If you aren't attacking those short pass plays then you are a big favorite not to attack the option exchange points and perimeter. Barry Switzer always said that cornerbacks were a major variable in how successful a team would defend his option attack. Memphis sat back and allowed Navy to dictate. I absolutely loved it. Georgia Tech may be having a down year, one season after defeating an SEC West team in the Orange Bowl. The triple option remains a breathtaking offense. Navy won that game as an 11 point underdog.

When the pass defense is that lousy it also means you'll probably be gashed by a big passing play or two, given all the confusion and single coverage. Navy burned Memphis with a 75 yard touchdown pass when the outcome was still in doubt.

I'll say this about Fuente: If he came to Miami and failed he is a big candidate to even more despised than Al Golden. At least Golden cared and showed some emotion out there, fighting over calls he considered unjust. Fuente on Saturday night stood there like a jar of pickles. No energy or altered facial expression at all. His headset covered nearly the entirety of his head. Looked like a goof.

Memphis has overcome double digit deficits 5 times this year. That equates to vulnerability, a shell game. Take away a very highly rated pro prospect quarterback in Paxton Lynch and the reasons for the double digit deficits are still there but the rescue won't be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back