Don't know about you guys but

datcaneguy

Senior
I'm sick of the gimmicks from the staff and athletic department through social media. The Raising Canes thing is a good idea if you actually raising canes and your seeing development from the players and the same with the other videos on youtube. The hashtags #renewed #istandwiththeu #whynotus need to stop. We are renewed in the fact that the teams we once crushed are now kicking our ***, the tradition we once were proud of is more of a dream, the records we once set are now being set in opposite direction, the once "anybody anywhere anytime" has become "too many night games" "the crowd was too much to handle" "we play the toughest schedule of anybody" when your playing Arkansas State and FAMU. And the unveiling of the uniforms, stop it...no one cares anymore about those unis when your getting smacked around in them.

Advertisement
Well said, OP. I remember when putting four fingers in the air actually meant something. I also thought Al was the guy to bring that culture back with UTOUGH, "bring the old players back," and the energy he's always talking about playing with. Four years later and the culture is actually worse than under his predecessor. Unbelievable.

UTOUGH, #Renewed, #BeatNoOne, the horrendous helmets and uniform combinations. All are a joke.

Advertisement
I'm sick of the gimmicks from the staff and athletic department through social media. The Raising Canes thing is a good idea if you actually raising canes and your seeing development from the players and the same with the other videos on youtube. The hashtags #renewed #istandwiththeu #whynotus need to stop. We are renewed in the fact that the teams we once crushed are now kicking our ***, the tradition we once were proud of is more of a dream, the records we once set are now being set in opposite direction, the once "anybody anywhere anytime" has become "too many night games" "the crowd was too much to handle" "we play the toughest schedule of anybody" when your playing Arkansas State and FAMU. And the unveiling of the uniforms, stop it...no one cares anymore about those unis when your getting smacked around in them.

Kudos to the OP. Great post.

Advertisement
Those unis were the worst I've ever seen. Worse than the Maryland crap from a few years back.

It was bad. Real, real bad.

Advertisement
This staff won't let us enjoy the thrill of hitting bottom...are we there yet? Nope.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back